Improvements

must not skied there many times then. numerous times this year the bottom lift broke and all the people had to get off or were stuck on it. also the lifts are slower than my dead cat. but, another improvement that i believe is happening is a much better park. they have great trails for it and i think they might do sometihing good this year. but it can only get better.

Well if I had more info on the type of pumps they bought I could tell you what they got for 48k. It depends on the company they bought them from and the gpm/gph and how many they bought. Also if they were customized or not. If they bought pump/dock stations they probably didn't get much for that price.

As for new motors...the only thing I can think of is for replacements on the fanguns.

I wonder if they made enough improvements to the snowmaking system to open all of there trails this year!

The last time I was at Montage the bottom to top lift was not even running. I'm not sure if it was mechanical or personnel problems (or the just didn't feel like opening it). They could have a good park if they actually put it on the trail it is supposed to be on, but that goes back to the not opening trails issue. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing Montage I'm just pointing out some obvious problems. Montage is a great mountain and hopefully that money will help them fix some of them.

The last time I was at Montage the bottom to top lift was not even running. 

about 90% of the time long haul is never in use...on any weekday there is no use for it, and on most weekends they could get away with just using the quad. Not too many people want a 15 min + ride ( just a guess) on a lift only to take a 3 minute ride back down anyway...

I've heard from the guy that is the head of the park crew that they invested in some new rails and such for this year, wouldnt believe it until i saw it though. All he mentioned specifically was a rainbow rail.

As for the quad breaking...haha. Was waiting in line the second time it happened, was enjoyable to watch the line ( that had now grown back to the "slow" sign at the bottom of cannonbal) all try to race to long haul to get on first. What made it even worse was there was an injured man ( appeared to be knocked out) on the back of a sled that they were trying to get on the quad. Once it was broken they tried taking him up cannonball. The snowmobile made it about halfway up the third headwall and then started sliding down backwards, the ski patroller made a nice save as the slid tipped to its side to prevent it from flipping. I dont know what they were thinking...if the sled cant even make it up the third headwall , did they think they had ANY chance at the second?

about 90% of the time long haul is never in use...on any weekday there is no use for it, and on most weekends they could get away with just using the quad.  Not too many people want a 15 min + ride ( just a guess) on a lift only to take a 3 minute ride back down anyway...

I've heard from the guy that is the head of the park crew that they invested in some new rails and such for this year, wouldnt believe it until i saw it though.  All he mentioned specifically was a rainbow rail.

As for the quad breaking...haha.  Was waiting in line the second time it happened, was enjoyable to watch the line ( that had now grown back to the "slow" sign at the bottom of cannonbal) all try to race to long haul to get on first.  What made it even worse was there was an injured man ( appeared to be knocked out) on the back of a sled that they were trying to get on the quad.  Once it was broken they tried taking him up cannonball.  The snowmobile made it about halfway up the third headwall and then started sliding down backwards, the ski patroller made a nice save as the slid tipped to its side to prevent it from flipping.  I dont know what they were thinking...if the sled cant even make it up the third headwall , did they think they had ANY chance at the second?

28805[/snapback]

Your are right about how everyone flew down to long haul. My friends and i just sat at the lift and where one of the first ons on after it reopened.

But as for investing in rails and talkin to a head park guy, i dont think it happened. First because Montage does not have a park manager. The park is run by the ski school.Ski school is run by a man named bryan, so if you were talkin to him then it may be a possibility. starting this year they will be taking applications for park manager. My brothers friends who have been long time rental employees pretty much have the job.

But as for investing in rails and talkin to a head park guy, i dont think it happened. First because Montage does not have a park manager. The park is run by the ski school.Ski school is run by a man named bryan, so if you were talkin to him then it may be a possibility. starting this year they will be taking applications for park manager. My brothers friends who have been long time rental employees pretty much have the job.

28832[/snapback]

Well, by heard from him, i mean my friend ( who doesnt BS me) said he was talking to one of the guys in charge. Both of us worked at the montain last year so we know alot of the guys up there, but i cant figure out which guy my friend is trying to explain to me. All i got from it is the guy hung out near the cash registers alot lol, helpful huh? I think he may have mentioned something about maybe being a rental guy or ...im not sure it was a month or two ago. My friend works at the stadium and said he was talking to him up there. We can only hope right...?

Well then your friend was probally talkin to one of the guys i know. Heres the people who are going to handle the park next year: Nick sabitus- rentals, Blade-rentals,Sam-rentals,and Ian-rentals. They are all good skiers and they maintained the jumps a couple of times last year. So if they are in charge it should be a good park.

I wonder if they made enough improvements to the snowmaking system to open all of there trails this year! 

The last time I was at Montage the bottom to top lift was not even running.  I'm not sure if it was mechanical or personnel problems (or the just didn't feel like opening it).  They could have a good park if they actually put it on the trail it is supposed to be on, but that goes back to the not opening trails issue.  Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing Montage I'm just pointing out some obvious problems.  Montage is a great mountain and hopefully that money will help them fix some of them.

28770[/snapback]

They took the park off the trails they used to be on because of to many injuries. Not that it is right under the lift they always have somebody watching right over head. They also like the fact that the btter riders and skiers could show off there moves thats what the ski school director told me last year.

Heres the people who  are going to handle the park next year: Nick sabitus- rentals, Blade-rentals,Sam-rentals,and Ian-rentals.

28845[/snapback]

Yeah, i know who your talking about, not personally however. One of them drives the jetta? or maybe just one of their friends...

They took the park off the trails they used to be on because of to many injuries. Not (is that suposed to be now? It confused me for a minuite) that it is right under the lift they always have somebody watching right over head. They also like the fact that the btter riders and skiers could show off there moves thats what the ski school director told me last year.

28846[/snapback]

Is it going to be on Switch from now on? I think that set up sucks. There is not enough room to set a lot of stuff up and I hated how the rails were all bunched together at the bottom. They need more room to set it up good. And how is putting it on a different trail going to solve the problem of injuries? Were they just because of how steep the trail was?

Is it going to be on Switch from now on?  I think that set up sucks.  There is not enough room to set a lot of stuff up and I hated how the rails were all bunched together at the bottom.  They need more room to set it up good.  And how is putting it on a different trail going to solve the problem of injuries?  Were they just because of how steep the trail was?

28852[/snapback]

i dont think its preventing injuries thats the issue, its dealing with them quickly. Being right under iron horse its much easier for ski patrol to keep an eye on things. They dont even have to be going down the park to see if there is an injury or not, so its kind of killing two birds with 1 stone, observe the park and then take a ride down another run to keep an eye on that one too. When the park was on upper/lower fasttrack a few years ago, i would imagine there was a few more injuries. Especially with that kicker on the top of the last headwall, that was probably the most air off of any jump ever up there, that i can remember anyway, well besides the big air contest.

i dont think its preventing injuries thats the issue, its dealing with them quickly.  Being right under iron horse its much easier for ski patrol to keep an eye on things.  They dont even have to be going down the park to see if there is an injury or not, so its kind of killing two birds with 1 stone, observe the park and then take a ride down another run to keep an eye on that one too.

28855[/snapback]

Exactly that is what i meant. They just are making ski patrol happier.

Yeah, i know who your talking about, not personally however.  One of them drives the jetta? or maybe just one of their friends...

28851[/snapback]

Ya thats them. The guy who drive the jetta though wont be skiing at montage anymore. He is moving down to psu main campus this year. But all of the guys hes usually with are going to be running the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night all of the guys who will be dealing with the park next year were at my house. I asked them about rails and they said they were trying to get a budgt put together and they wanted to buy a couple boxes and more tech rails. They said there is a good chance of montage giving them the budget. So we will have to just wait and see, if it is for 100%.

Last night all of the guys who will be dealing with the park next year were at my house. I asked them about rails and they said they were trying to get a budgt put together and they wanted to buy a couple boxes and more tech rails. They said there is a good chance of montage giving them the budget. So we will have to just wait and see, if it is for 100%.

29512[/snapback]

ah good to hear :rock , keep us informed