Premium Passes

Timeless

Camelback are considering offering a "premium pass", initial thoughts they are looking for feedback on as follows:

"Sample amenities that might be included are:

One lodge building reserved exclusively for premium season passholders.

This lodge would include a bar and food service, with higher-end offerings

(both food and drink) available. Tables would be set with tablecloths,

glassware, silverware, etc. (in other words, "no plastic").

Reserved parking near the exclusive lodge.

A second "members-only" lounge elsewhere on the mountain, again with a bar

and food options.

Available lockers inside the exclusive base lodge.

Selected lifts may open a half-hour early to premium passholders."

I've sent in some thoughts on this, only the lift opening really appeals to me but I guess some of the spandex brigade might find the "exclusive" factor a plus point.

They're talking about an additional $100 minimum per pass for this. Dont all rush out a get one at once....

I wonder if this is the first of the "improvements" from the new management?

I HATE the idea of there being premium passes, although the earlier lift opening would be nice for ALL passholders.

They have some premium passes here, the main benefit being that it is transferable. Here the premium people get special lockers and special parking, but frankly, if I get my butt out of bed, I can get a better spot and they have to climb over me to get to their "special locker room" which requires them to have not only the combo to their locker but to have the code to get into the room.

WOW - dude you are on it!! I'm going to name drop since I suggested to DaveyJ that he sign on here and ask the same question. since you beat him to it......... :wiggle

I told him that I thought that anyone who buys a season pass buys it because they like to ski not sit in a swank lodge. I thought if the upgraded pass offered more "skiing" priviliedges then he might have something more likely to sell.. Like a speed pass and early lift for example.

I/we for one, are a first on, last off type of skier, so parking is always up front and lockers are always available, my boys and I know to eat before 11 and then snack after 2pm - I guess if it was important to look good in the lodge then I would pay for the upgrade.

I would pay dearly for an extended season.... even if it was one lift on limited runs.

BTW - Elk has the restaurant thing at no charge, it doesn't seem ever crowded.

Edited by Papasteeze

I'd pay for early hours too.

The plus about the parking, RLarick, is that it's convenient to be able to go back home once in awhile. Occasionally, our kids forget something, or the program changes GS training to SL training and the shin guards are at home. Less fanatical family members may want to come and go. It may rain and running home to dry out would be helpful. When it's busy, you can't always find a spot anywhere if you need to go back home. The hubby forgot his pass once and it took him over an hour to do the round trip. So it's worth something even though we are in the first row initially.

The masses are tolerable, but again, once in awhile we need to eat during the main rush. Same with the lockers. It's worth a little bit to escape masses of stressed out nimrods.

Who cares about plastic...

Skimom's point about being able to come and go during the day is valid for us locals, I didn't really think of this but it's quite appealing.

My suggestions for additional perks were:

discounted instruction

free board / ski locks or preferably a board check like they do at Killy.

preferential access to some lifts (speedpass or similar)

board and ski check would be great. only open a half hour earlier isn't a big deal to me. When your in line at 8 for the lift how crowded is it? A whole hour to just passholders would be worth it. Exclusive lifts would be the only other thing that appeals to me really.

Skimom's point about being able to come and go during the day is valid for us locals, I didn't really think of this but it's quite appealing. 

My suggestions for additional perks were:

discounted instruction

free board / ski locks or preferably a board check like they do at Killy.

preferential access to some lifts (speedpass or similar)

29018[/snapback]

Some great ideas being tossed around here.. Question: How many times did an adult have to ski at CB before it paid for itself?

Some great ideas being tossed around here..  Question: How many times did an adult have to ski at CB before it paid for itself?

29022[/snapback]

Haven't checked the math lately, but usually around 13 days or do as I recall. Here it is only 9-10 days.

The early opening for season pass holders is not a new concept at CB. Going back to the mid 90's, season pass holders used to be able to ski at about 7:30 AM or whenever the ski patrol opened the lifts. Park right there at the Glen lodge, you had the entire east side of the mountain to yourself. It was great on weekends, you could get a lot of runs in before the masses arrived around 10AM. No idea why they did away with it in the first place.

PAX

Half hour makes a big difference, your right about the lifts being empty at current opening. Now think about already skiing for a half hour and THEN having the lift lines of 8am.

... and yes I WOULD show up a half hour early for that kind of riding.

I'd much rather a ski/board check in over better dining/parking/lockers.

Early access to lifts would be great, but the season passes are already high enough. There is no way I would pay an extra $100 for better dining facilities. I never eat there anyway. They would have to add more ski related incentives before I would think about getting it. ( how about a get out of jail free card for when you get caught by the rangers? )

Anytime I get stopped by a ranger its almost like I have a get out of jail pass just by having a pass. Those lazy asses are like ok let me see your ticket, oh you have a pass well you should know better. And those lazy asses don't feel like taking out there hole puncher so I always get away even when I get pulled over twice a day.

The early opening for season pass holders is not a new concept at CB. Going back to the mid 90's,  season pass holders used to be able to ski at about 7:30 AM or whenever the ski patrol opened the lifts.

I don't remember this being restricted to passholders. Anyone who got there at 7:30 got on the lift. When they shifted the AM ticket to a later set of hours, it also destroyed the lunch lull when AM tickets were no good and PM tickets hadn't started yet, but all day ticketholders who could control their lunch cravings had a window of short lines for a while.

I may be wrong but I don't think they really started selling lift tickets until shortly before 8AM. I used to hit the Stevenson lift about 7AM and started skiing about 7:15. Usually no one there until about 9:30 except for two turn and some of the other regulars. Wide open slopes and pretty much first tracks except for ski partols'. By 10:30, it was the usual weekend zoo. Don't worry about that much anymore. Papasteeze may know what I mean.

PAX