Premium Passes

Timeless

That thing about the all night pass is awesome! :rock I always said that they should do that at least once a year. My initial thoughts were to do an all night ski on new years and have fireworks or something at midnight. :woot

Half hour makes a big difference, your right about the lifts being empty at current opening. Now think about already skiing for a half hour and THEN having the lift lines of 8am.

... and yes I WOULD show up a half hour early for that kind of riding.

I'd much rather a ski/board check in over better dining/parking/lockers.

29039[/snapback]

I totally agree. I usually need to be down by 7:30 to deliver the 'dude anyway. Plus, I like to get there early to be ready to go. On crowded days the snow gets beat up in a couple hours.

New to the board and I just saw this thread. GReat Idea with the premium pass but ownership here is targeting added revenue. Nothing offered is really "free" it's all about getting you to spend more $. Premium food= $, lockers=$, parking=$ get it. I'll pay extra for early skiing, special lift access, some extra for premium parking and lockers and you can keep your crappy food! I like my bag lunch I eat on the rides up. There's no stopping for lunch in skiing on the east coast!

Edited by Finndog

I'll pay extra for early skiing, special lift access, some extra for premium parking and lockers and you can keep your crappy food! I like my bag lunch I eat on the rides up. There's no stopping for lunch in skiing on the east coast!

29680[/snapback]

Amen to that brother!

I'd just like to point out the "MINIMUM" $100 I mentioned to start this thread, the actual wording was along the lines of "what would you be prepared to pay for it, $100, $200, $300" ... you get the picture.

Maybe they'll have a "premium park" policed by the new park gestapo... <_<

• 3 months later...
I would pay dearly for an extended season.... even if it was one lift on limited runs.

I honestly don't know why they don't do more with the stevenson chair. They have cliff, nile and pharoh, they could blow the piss out of them sorta like killington does to superstar, and they could open those three runs early and keep em open later in the season. this wouldn't mess with preparing the base area for summer at the end of march.

they are also very poor with offering discounted tickets, ala big boulder's 20 dollar tickets after a certain date.

Tradition says Margies is the first dimond to open. And we all know how much CB likes there traditions.

Anyway that might be a good idea, but really, i wouldn't care if they blew birches, tut, margies...or NM, pharow, cliff for the first weekend...

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest difference for the half hour early would be on those rare "powder" (as much as you can call our snow powder) days... That stuff gets eaten up quick, and is great to get on it early... I'd pay for half an hour to myself.

Well who cares about the swankier lodge .. im going there to SKI and not sit in the lodge.

As far as opening the lifts a half hour earlier for the season pass holders ... just open them a half hour earlier anyway and charge a little more for each pass if people want the extra 1/2 hr.

Nope

Why would you want to pay any more money to get on the lift earlier? There is no one in line at 8 anyway, and if there is they are gone in a few moments when the lift starts. Maybe weekends but not midweek.

The lift part is weekends only I think.

Anyway, I'll be finding a way to sneak on and terrorize people on Nile if they do go threw with it :woot