Bolton Valley & Sport Thoma Ski & Snowboard Sale 8-29-13

Ride Delaware ?

Ride Nice TR and blog.

Idea...How about linking PASR from your blog?

I'm not the most tech savvy, therefore the reason I am using Weebly as a host. However, as the season ramps up, I am going to rename the site (green mountain ski and ride), convert to a dedicated .com domain, and switch to Wordpress. If I can figure out how to do it beforehand, I will. I haven't yet.

I'll have to see what kind of traffic and following I get. I'll always be looking to improve the site and the user experience, but for the first year or so, it will just be a blog.

Nice. A few years ago before my house became daddy day care and I had time to actually do things, I purchased PAPeaks.com. Wanted to make it a everything outdoors in Pennsylvania forum. Never really panned out. Now I post here and just let others do the work for me. ;-)

BV is a sleeper mtn.

First when alot of the MRV and surrounding area is on wind hold, it's open. Additionally it's actually not that far from Stowe as the crow flies even though the drive is considerably longer. They are the only mtn in VT I know of that has night skiing.

They have nice glades albeit shortish and no a ton of vert, the real secret however is from the top near the radio tower there are mother fuck tons of legit BC options. The one in the Goodman book is easily a 20 min ski and something like 3800vert.

The only thing to watch out for is if your traveling on 89, particularly north towards Burlington, very high winds come rushing out of Mansfield across the Bolton Flats and generally fucks shit up on 89. Last year there was a multi car accident with fatalities due to this phenomena. If you don't hang out alot up there you may not be aware of it but it's no joke, being dead ain't nothing to fuck with.

I'm always game for trying out new mountains. I usually don't buy the hype. If I bought the hype, I wouldn't go anywhere but Killington opening day, Stowe every once in awhile, Sugarbush on a powder day, Blue any day I'm not selling tombstones, and Jackson Hole once a year. I take in the whole experience and then pass judgment afterward. Considering I like everything about the resort, all the way down to the always ambiguous vibe, I usually find something about most resorts enjoyable. Hell, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Big Squaw, and that mountain only boasts 600' vertical on a slow lift with no snowmaking. It was also a 3 hour drive each way out in the middle of nowhere, and thanks to Google Maps, I got lost. I have no doubt that I will enjoy Bolton for what it is when I finally get there.