JF 2/2

tnt

So, it's been 28 years since I last skied Jack Frost I think. Was a little worried that the 600 vert would be a let down, but really, had a great, great day yesterday with my youngest daughter and a bunch of friends and some of their kids on the mountain as well.

Good snow, a few tree spots here and there, some bumps....and no lines. Found the elevation - I don't think that was a thing back in high school. I think, compared to blue and CB, what they lack in vert. they make up for with top to bottom runs, so you don't have the trail merges and cross traffic. I guess it reminds me of skiing the double side of blue, but with a little more variety. With a little more snow in the trees and I think you could really keep yourself busy.

Also, appreciate that they don't seem to mind you packing in lunch, and the lodge was playing good music every time we were in there.

Anyway, nice day. Glad to have this mountain back in our rotation.

• Like 4

BTW I was surprised that only a few tree sections were ski-able. Seems like a lot more tree sections were open recently, based on the postings here. Yesterday, Happyland - which I think was on Challenge, right? And a nice section above the elevator, were about all that had enough coverage.

Which section is "risk it"?

Challenge glad was in great shape 3 about 3 weeks ago, right before a huge rain, followed by the huge freeze. Tbolt glade is basically nonesense since it doesnt get much manmade. One park glade is great, but that too hasnt gotten the love it deserves from a snowmaking standpoint. Crazy to kind of think the glades were in better shape last year. If frost got the same heavy snow i got here in philly, it should make for the start of nice week of getting things filled in.

• Like 1