Alta

tarponhead

Creamy snow all day long. Untracked could be found on every run but certainly not an untouched canvas. Skied opening bell off Collins then wildcat/ western ho stuff. Then laped high rustler down to stone crusher and the like from the high traverse. Lunch at Puruvian than afternoon on the supreme rolling Catherine's area until it closed (3:30). Then traversed back to Peruvian and hot tub. My boys first day skiing out west and they had a blast. More snows tonight, than warm tomorrow and more snow Sunday. I like. Sorry for crappy trip report but I'm not a picture guy and I don't know how to post pics

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 6

45 at base, 34 at suit lifts. Still good snow. Bombed a lot to open ballroom and baldy apron this AM. Fine watching patrollers throw bombs while skiing high rustler( which was excellent). We hiked up ato the aprin from wildcat lift and got untracked pow. Great day. Watching oly woman's super g in Peruvian TV room with 50 other people while sipping bourbon. Life is good. Tomorrow will be interesting if no snow.

Boys HS senior and junior GSS

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 1

Nice I read about the Peruvian...do you have shared bathrooms? Looks expensive but right there and I sort of like the no TV in the room thing. I saw they do that on purpose to get guests to interact.

Ha ha. You know more about this place than I did when I booked it. Yeah, the deal is pretty cool ( and $$$). When I was at Alta/bird last year a local took me to the Peruvian bar and I lreally oved the vibe. That was the sum total of the research I did on the place :-))

Holy $hit what a fun day! Started out firm and downright icey from yesterday's spring skiing. Rode lifts to mineral basin to drop to bird side and snow was a little better but not great. Lost 3 layers of skin to HONKIN winds carrying sleet. Literally could stop u. Dropped down to Gad valley and skied tiger tail and a lot of the fun drop offs. The upper traverses were closed due to high avy danger. Could see a lot of instabilities. For whatever reason snow was really good there. Then the graupel started. Some the size of half a penny. But snow mixed in too so everything started gettin good fast. Than more snow to graupel ratio and things got silly fast. Skiing chutes I had no business being in earlier but now was friggin grin city. Last run took a head over tea kettle tumble under last face under tram. Tired. One ski did not eject and got shin bang bad on that leg. Motrin and hot tub and beer to the rescue ( I hope). Last day tomorrow and should be a good one. Bourbon awaits...

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 2