Belleayre opening Saturday 11/22

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Belleayre just announced they are opening this Sat with $25 tix available online in advance. Expect I will go there rather than Hunter, though I'll wait to see what terrain each of Belleayre, Hunter and Big Boulder have to offer for this weekend. May even get out to two places this weekend, who knows?

Belleayre is now saying they will have triple chair 7 open serving both upper and lower Onterora. That's 800 feet of vertical with at least half of it double black terrain. Can't beat it for $25 before Thanksgiving.

Lift line could get worse then Hunter as it is not highspeed, but I expect a lot of folks will get off at the midstation leaving at least the good stuff not too crowded.

Might consider Big Boulder one day with the canned food deal depending on what they have open. But I'm not a park guy. Doing something cheap for the first day out is appealing.

Has big boulder announced a can food deal? From where you live, the Catskills are prob only an hour or so farther than big boulder.

If Big boulder gets big boulder park open..it's their best run and it typically doesn't have features open for awhile. The features would be on freedom.

Hunter's about an hour more drive than Boulder for me, add another 15 for Belleayre or Windham

If Big Boulder park is open with no features and canned food deal on Sat, that's probably my deal, and may do one of the others Sunday.

But can't count that chicken in yet.

Just called up BB and they said they expect to announce opening day tonight, and will be doing the BB Gives Back (free skiing with 10 cans of food or $10 toy) deal on opening day.

I'm guessing opening could be Friday. Just a heads up probably at 3pm. Anyway looks like I might have to buy some canned foods.

Hunter's about an hour more drive than Boulder for me, add another 15 for Belleayre or Windham

If Big Boulder park is open with no features and canned food deal on Sat, that's probably my deal, and may do one of the others Sunday.

But can't count that chicken in yet.

1600 ft vt vs 200 ft vert......um, i'd def drive the extra hour.

If Boulder is open top to bottom that's like 475 feet vertical for $8

Belleayre is 800 feet for $25

Hunter/Windham are 1600 feet for $70 or so.

After 7 months off skis warming up my legs somewhere small and cheap could be good, then go somewhere bigger/further/pricier the next day.

See what my potential ski companions feel about the options as well.

Anyway you slice it, not a bad decision to have to make before slicing your turkey.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Boulder trail has a dusting of snow on it. Dont count on that for the weekend. They seem to be blowing on love and around the triple lift, but at this point there is alot of open ground between the lift and the trail. Freedom should be deep though.

Is either bell or hunter opening with more than one trail? I mean, i want to go skiing and all, but is the drive really going to be worth it? I mean 5 hr drive X 1 trail \ 800 people doesnt compute on my abacus.

And I was thinking about $4 for ten cans. I think the cheapest cans are 39 cents each. We have a canned food drive at poker where we get extra chips by bringing a can and I didn't have time before poker to go to a grocery store so I got a can if chili at a mini market for $2. Then I got scolded for only bringing one can. SMHerman

I won't ski Big boulder if big boulder trail isn't open.

Hunter and windham aren't gonna be charging full price either but prob in the $35-$45 range.

And the answer is BB opens tomorrow with just Freedom, and with the 10 cans special only Thurs 3-9. $20 tix all weekend.

$25 at Belleayre sounding good to me, though not counting out Hunder/Windham depending on what deals they offer and what terrain they open