JF day after yesterday

JFskiDan

Everything is open on east except floyds. I guess they rushed grooming telstar, solitude, and morningside to get them open, but they should have waited. Worst groomed surface i have ever seen here. I did my civic duty and cleaned out the brush in the E glade. Snow is plentiful in there. Rest of the slopes are ok, a few scratchy spots on some headwalls. Snowmaking stopped about 10 am, challenge is close to full width, left ungroomed and provided good entertainment from the lift.

• Like 2

Snow switched to wet snow at 2 and then more of a freezing rain at 3. Roads were spicy on the 9 mile commute back to the house.

Yes this....car was loaded with ice in the lot. Not the easiest drive back. Left home this am at 6 got back home at 6:30. I love having disco 2-4 when a whole group of never evers show up at 2:15 wanting to learn how to ski wearing jeans in 31 degree freezing rain/ice. Our pod philosophy is everyone gets down the hill no matter what and we did just that...

Had my younger two with me who skied open to close getting better every day. Both of the boys skied (as in actually turned, in control...yet fighting with the transition to parallel still) down everything west of East mountain. I didn't get over to east today but had fun with the kids.

• Like 1

I'm skipping tomorrow...rain and Bengals playoff game (yes I am expecting another loss.....team is banged up bad) Next weekend, I won't have the kids so I'm planning on hitting east hard. The holiday weekend, I'll be back on the west side with the kids but most likely I'll be teaching all day.

That's good to hear Philly. Most days I'm on the west side and see plenty of Blue coats, but never you. I usually park in lot 7 and cut through the woods. A few cars slipped off the access road and the road near my development. 

I have had a few pretty ugly rides back from frost in the snow.  most of them were in just like a inch of snow on the roads...just enough to make them really slick.  That little hill after you pass BB is usually problematic for as small as it is, its banked from side to side.  there are usually cars sliding into the oncoming lane once you crest the hill.  i think whoever designed that road also designed pocono raceway.