Lost in Montana

C1erArt

Stayed over the weekend at our client site in Butte, and skied Discovery above Anaconda with some of our project team Friday and Saturday.  Full coverage, although no fresh powder, did mostly blacks and blues, and looked at the double blacks from the ski-lift.  Skied a couple of runs on the 'front-side' but spent most of the days on the back-side.  No road access to the back side, although they are in the process of putting in a road from Phillipsburg.  Nice long runs, 1500 vertical or so, mostly groomed, fast and wide open, although we did a couple runs on Orphan Girl that was a little bumpy.  Powder stashes were pretty crusty after some freeze/thaw cycles, so we stayed out of the trees (which was fine with me). 

Nice area, mostly for locals, and not a destination resort (no condos).  Didn't take any photos, but a lot of videos using my new GoPro remote velcroed to my right glove (left glove is my Square Jellyfish audio controller). Remote was really nice once I remembered to charge it.  Started and stopped it a lot - I find its easier to splice segments together rather than separate one long video.

Back to Jack Frost this weekend if they don't cancel the flights.

• Like 3