Boots : opinions please

Timeless

I'm planning to replace my salomon (defcon) boots for the new season, I'd be interested in everyones input:

My current thinking is DC (Judge) or Thirty-two's (TM2 or 304's), my questions are:

does anyone have any experience of either of these?

anyone have any other recomendations

I asked about bindings... for some reason I thought he rode flows which I have little suggestion for. From my experience matching boot and binding brands makes a huge difference, but I am using solamons who specifically go out of their way to make their boots/bindings fit PERFECTLY together. I have a pair of k2 boots as well, and I get all sorts of pressure points when I use them in teh solamon bindings. I've heard good things about DC, and I believe the Judge's use the boa system which is supposed to be great. If you can find a place to try them on and test them against your bindings, then that would be my recommendation.

I honestly know nothing about flow bindings but would love to try them sometime. It seems the would be the most "universal" binding for fitting boots. Let me know how you think they stack up compared to your burtons when you ride them!

Last season I had a pair of DCs (dunno what model) and they were alright, I guess. They're large boots, which can be a problem if you've got a shoe size above 10, and they wear out pretty quick. Also, don't buy boa lacing boots if you plan on riding more than 20 days a season. Right now I'm riding Burton Sabbaths (figured I'd ride Burton boots so they'd fit well with my binders) and they're pretty sick, definately going to pick them up again in a few weeks (plus, next year's boot design is pretty rad).

32 boots, in my opinion, are the way to go. I got the 32 lashed last year, and i love them. A few good things about 32 boots-

They are the lightest boots out there ( i've heard DCs are heavy)

All of 32's boots are custom moldable

32s are comfortable.

I had a pair or the TM2's 2 years ago. I liked them a lot, and i think that I will buy them next time i need boots. Go to the 32 website, they have tons of info that should help .

Any salomon Fusion Series Boot is the way to go. They are the closest thing to riding in a skate shoe. Way responsive, Way comfy. They have a quick lace system that blows boa's away and unlike boa's has a lower and upper half so you can still custom lace them instead of tightening the entire boot. They also reduce the footprint on your board by a whole size( if your a 10, the boot will look like another companies size 9). Come to Nestor's to check them out( sorry for the shameless self-promo)

Don't get DC's unless you want a super bulky and heavy boot.

Thanks for all the input guys, interesting to hear some negatives on DC and BOA systems.

And RomeOp, no harm in self promotion, looks like I'll have to take my board/ bindings, find a local dealer and see what fits best. This might be nestors although it's a shame you don't carry the thrity two stuff.

I have to agree with RomeOp I've got a pair of salomon fusions and I absolutely love them. It feels like i'm wearing a sneaker, and they're half the size/weight of everyone elses boot. The lacing system is awesome too, you can tighten them up in half a minute while your on a lift.

We've got Ride, K2, Burton, Nitro, Salomon and Rome. The Rome's have yet to come in. For Bindings we've got Ride, K2, Burton, Salomon, Rome and Technine. Again rome and T9 have yet to arrive. And boots are Ride K2 Salomon and Burton. If your cousin needs some advice or anything have him send me a message or stop by the shop.

We've got Ride, K2, Burton, Nitro, Salomon and Rome.  The Rome's have yet to come in.  For Bindings we've got Ride, K2, Burton, Salomon, Rome and Technine.  Again rome and T9 have yet to arrive.  And boots are Ride K2 Salomon and Burton.  If your cousin needs some advice or anything have him send me a message or stop by the shop.

30747[/snapback]

i think im going to tell him to go to the sale you guys are having.plus i wanna check out the new shaun white board it looks pretty sweet and i think thats the next board i will buy.along with some new gear and such

I have the DC Judges, and they are the best boots I've had. I put a ton of stress on them this season, with riding Whistler pretty much everyday in the spring/summer, and afterschool/weekends in the winter. The BOA system is great - doesn't loosen and hasn't shown any problems, Its really convienient. If your boots feel loose you can tighten the up in a second without taking your boot out of the bindings, or hell you could even do it while riding. Not to mention they take two seconds to put on and get tight and confortable. The liner is amazing - very comfy, and the air pocket thing is really good, and keeps your heel in place. The gel in the toes, heel, and tounge is great also - my feet never hurt like they used to after a day of riding. They are a bit bulky, but are definatly not heavy. They are really light in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...