Bear's new boxes

Nipples

Ok so I was talking to a very reliable source at bear creek today at the picnic about the park he said that the company that built new rainbow box and the 2 C boxes that conect to make a S box is called Planet Snow that the quality of the boxes was so poor that they ofered to discount 2 new rails.

Which one are a 57 foot roller coster just like round top's but is made out of the same stuff as the rainbow box and Cs. It's 11 inches wide.

In case you don't know want a roller coster is it is a box or rail that has two humps with a kick off the end.

The other box is a 13 foot dragon box just like boulder's only this one is alot skinnyer than boulder's but made out of the same suff as the Cs, rainbow and roller coster boxes and by the same company Planet Snow. The dargon box is 11 inches thick to.

In case you don't know want a dragon box or rail is it is a box or rail that has one hump and a small kick off the end.

Now here is the sick thing about it they are going to put the dragon in front of the roller coster you have a there hump roller coster with a kick off the end so you got a 70 foot long 11 inch thick roller coster box.

we should get a prewinter sesion on that. PASR members only. PIMP THAT SHIT UP!!! Im sure we can have a fun time on sumething like that. we can probably get ahold of some rick snow if bear will let us set it up. Then we can get some food and pinic.

This sounds pretty dubious.  I work with Pat Malendoski (owner/operator of Planet Snowtools), so I'll try to find out anything about this next time I see him.

30645[/snapback]

I will vouch for steeze's source - Its called a sliding board, 6' flat to a 8' 30 degree down (not kinked) to a flip tail for some really nice dismount opportunities that new box which can be connected to the roller coaster box for a total of 60 foot. Some of these details might be innaccurate - but that is the gyst of it.

• 1 month later...

ok ok, i can only let out what i know, yea the rollercoaster box is 60 ft, the sliding board rail is like 35, but no one has seen them yet, were building a bunch oh planet style boxs, at least 4 flat ones that can be turned into any type of setup, plus as of this point were building a large butter style box, 4 x20 ft, a planet style U box, about 40 ft long, and resurfacing the wallride wit UHMP, as well as the picnic table and small bench wit plastic, and yes this year it will be the ryte plastic, theres alot more then that too come but hey its 630am, and also, the meeting to decide all of that was 3 hours alone, but i know alot of things on the table are, a butter take off lip, mellow battle ship box, sub box style jib, flat down curved c planet style, and some various other things! im sure there will be a ton of other rails but bear is behind already, 7 weeks til they should all be done, and well, they wanna put out at least 10 in that time, if josh works fast there will be a bunch more, either way im out, off to work peace

<_<  yeo  im here, i can see most of it was posted already i just wasnt fast enuff, but yea any questions ill check back as often as i can, but its gunna be hog wild

34608[/snapback]

I have been reading your posts on NS.. BC is gonna be big this year. Props to you and the gang over there. It means a lot more if you could copy and paste some of the updates. Lots of great info. Thanks! :rock

Just to update you over here in Psar, the Rainbow is done, that should be assembled and painted monday so ill have some new pics, its been severily beasted up, unlike the planet snow tools junk, its really impressive, and as well today we started bending he steel for the upside downrainbow u box, only problem is how we will move it or even get it out of the welding shop, looks like the tentative length on that bad boy will be aorund 48 foot long, and at least 12 feet high in the starting gate, so its gunna take a lot of snow and alot of work but it should be impressive i cant wait to post these pics on here and on NS

the prinicple behind the planet stuff is good, the sliding surface is for the most part, but when the things are bent before they ever get to the mountain and how weak they athat you have to rebuild the whole structure to use them its not good at all if youd see these rails youd understand, you can damn near bend them with two people pushing on them,

Whatever its a buisness and its all good if you dont like what i think, i just know that were not very impressed at all

the prinicple behind the planet stuff is good, the sliding surface is for the most part, but when the things are bent before they ever get to the mountain and how weak they athat you have to rebuild the whole structure to use them its not good at all if youd see these rails youd understand, you can damn near bend them with two people pushing on them,

Whatever its a buisness and its all good if you dont like what i think, i just know that were not very impressed at all

Whatever its a buisness and its all good if you dont like what i think, i just know that  were not very impressed at all

34885[/snapback]

Im going to agree with you... I dont like their stuff either, it seems that their stuff seems to be better for major resorts, but not your everyday resort (ie. our area)

If you want something done right, do it yourself... thats my stand point.