Moe Ghoul how has Smuggs been?

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Touring tomorrow for fresh  with a few peeps. Prolly Madonna then somewhere else TBD. Gonna be Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..........

Martell's Red Fox for dinner tonite. Burger/Fries and a coupla Green Mountain Vodka on the rox. Feeling that afterglow. Aleve works. Gonna chill with some Trump Comedy hour and then watch something intelligent before I pass out.

More stoke.

post-2366-0-97291600-1490225979_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Solid morning, blue bird,  5', little wind. Did 4 laps off M1 and skied untracked with local mag Aaron off Drifter, did Freefall, freefall traverse, lower black hole, some new tree stashes. Took Chilcoot pass traverse over to Morse and skinned up for some Birch tree runs, lower angle untouched pow. Legs are John Mik'd. Possible pix later on so keep holding your breath. ;) Saving it for the possible 4-6" on Friday. Weather looks sketchy thereafter, so decision time on eventual return to PA.

Edited by moe ghoul

We spent a fair amount of time over the summer/Fall up here. I plan to spend a lot of time this year, renovating the kitchen and a few other projects. Looking to come back end of April/early May for an extended stay to start tearing out the kitchen.

PSA: VT pretty much legalized weed, governor has to sign off on it. YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Just got a few text messages about it this AM. Maybe a new business for Moe in the future!

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/new-marijuana-law-passed-vermont/

• Like 1

I'll do the demo(lish), floors, painting, install new cabinets, hood, lighting. I'll get the counters installed and some plumbing and gas line work done by pros. I'm having propane lines installed in the kitchen for gas range, electric blows. Gas line to the deck for grilling, and a gas line into the garage for a heater. I burned kerosene in the otherwise unheated garage the past 5 days because its been sitting around for a number of years and I want to refresh it in the fall. Heated garage is great, so I want a heater installed with a timer option.

Friday 03/24 100% / 3-5 in

Snow likely. High 37F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

Friday Night 03/24 90% / < 1 in

Cloudy with rain and snow in the evening. Snow showers late. Low 32F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 90%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

That'd be a nice sendoff if we head back soon.

Anybody planning on a trip to VT should do it now. Rains coming in next week. I think this is it, although April frequently produces a big dump around the 8th-15th.

Parts of my backyard are 2 feet deep. Dogs have a highway of trenches all over. For a while, you couldn't see them at eye level. Maybe the tip of a tail. I cleaned the driveway off after skiing yesterday. single digit temps are preserving snow, blazing sun is doing its thing. Absent a washout, Smuggs will still be skiable when I get back. May turns are possible. I'd like to break 70 days for a season. New all time high.

For me.

Wife is good with the buying and decorating and staying out of the way. No skill set there and she's a weakling. If you own houses, especially older ones, it saves a ton of dough to be able to do things yourself. Lots of things are pretty simple once done a few times. I get people that hire out the work, I'm into saving the dough for things like Lebow-skis and a trip out west.

I'd like to learn how to weld. I got 2 saddles I picked up  few years ago at a yard sale and want to convert them into stools. I looked at the Cowboy Bar stools to see how they were designed, but I'd like something more ornate, partial swivel. I'm still looking at different designs on the web.

Edited by moe ghoul

Our delivery driver is super handy..he can install Windows, doors, weld, build things all that. He had auto body in college and when my old car got crashed into he used a heat gun and mallot and fixed a big dent on my rear bumper. Come to think of it I did mow the lawn at my parents house when I was a teenager. Before and after that my parents just hired a grass cutter. Bar stools would be cool...I just have a couch and a bed and a coffee table. Would be nice to have another place to sit.

yeah, the low angle stuff was sweet. Enough angle to drive through without getting slowed down. I had Queens of the Stone Age playing on that lap. I put my whole library on shuffle because there's a lot of stuff I haven't listened to in a while. Gotta figure out how to block out the xmas songs. Had the ratpack singing jingle bells on the ride up.

Aaron was rocking a vape with erl, I might have to graduate from combustion.

• Like 1