new boot

romemadman

actually as far as high end boots go, the diablos are fairly wide compared to say, langes or heads. the 1080 boot is just a bucket, you can fit any foot inside that thing, but good luck getting a good fit.

31588[/snapback]

Justo ... what boot do you have or wish you had?

• 2 months later...

the most important thing about boots is personal fit. you cant really go to the shop and have your mind set on a certain boot. you need to size and fit yourself to find that perfect match. its also a great idea to use superfeet insoles. your feet will love you.

dc boots are fucking great, as well as 32. those are probably your top 2 brands for boots since its all they specialize in. make sure you get a boot that fits you perfectly and you're comfortable. you might want to try out a boot with the BOA system too, i've heard only good things about them

u might wanna look into some of the north face boots and burton they are both nice.Forum looks good but ive never tried them do i dont know

i hope you mean northwave, haha. the fact that they are in the drake family is disappointing, but at least they make decent boots.

dc boots are fucking great, as well as 32. those are probably your top 2 brands for boots since its all they specialize in. make sure you get a boot that fits you perfectly and you're comfortable. you might want to try out a boot with the BOA system too, i've heard only good things about them

dc boots have serious durability and warranty issues, but some swear by them. the jury is out. thirtytwo is undeniably solid. stay away from boa! horrible! be prepared for endless breakage, and not much, if any time saved from lacing. boa was meant to stay on wake boards. a bad idea to transplant the technology.

What kind of bindings do you ride? I've rode Burtons (Sabbath, current boot), Forum (JP Walker), Vans (Lemming), and DC (I forget :/), in order from best to worst.

Burtons are a good choice if you have Burton bindings, due to the bindings and boots being designed in conjunction with eachother.

Forums seem decent, but I don't know anyone who's really been pleased with them.

The Vans I rode were my first boots and also on the cheaper side, but they worked. I've heard nothing but good things about Vans from all the people I know who ride them.

Bringing up the ass-end is DC. DCs are bloated (unless you ride the Park boot), their durability sucks, and all the fancy features they add stop working in all of about two months. I had both bladders blow out on me after two months.

Side Note: Take a good look at ThirtyTwo. They make high quality boots and are relatively inexpensive. My next boot purchase will probably be ThirtyTwo.

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from the BOA system as you can get. Unless you're a weekend warrior who only makes it to the hill <10 times a year, you're better off with a traditional lacing system. BOAs break, strip, and are a huge hassle. My right boot completely stripped out and by the end of the season I was tying up my boot with an old belt to keep it tight. If you want an "easy" and fast(er) method, go with the Burton Ions, or a similar fast lacing boot. BOA is a bad gimmick that I predict will die within the next two seasons. Honestly, how long does it take to lace up two boots? Two, mabye three minutes? Even if BOA is faster, you're going to pay for that speed later on-hill when you have to constantly re-tighten your boots.

Edited by DHarrisburg

i hope you mean northwave, haha. the fact that they are in the drake family is disappointing, but at least they make decent boots.

dc boots have serious durability and warranty issues, but some swear by them. the jury is out. thirtytwo is undeniably solid. stay away from boa! horrible! be prepared for endless breakage, and not much, if any time saved from lacing. boa was meant to stay on wake boards. a bad idea to transplant the technology.

Side Note: Take a good look at ThirtyTwo. They make high quality boots and are relatively inexpensive. My next boot purchase will probably be ThirtyTwo.

I'd have to reccomend any 32 boots. I've had two pairs, and i love them. All of the boots they make are heat moldable- you can go to the shop and have them molded, or- within 2 days of riding, they'll mold to your feet. 32 boots are super comfortable, and they're light. I'd stay away from DC, because i've heard of the air bladders breaking, like somone said. I've never heard one bad thing about 32 boots, and i don't think i'll ever get anything else.

to follow up our boa comments, i have the burton rulers with the speedzone lacing system, and they are really something i have only heard good things about. they are amazing and uncomplicated, and i really like them. the burton ions and sabbaths are even better and also sport speedzone.