November 30th...2018..mashed Potatoes..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  The fact that it’s still November and there’s skiing between the raindrops makes today a good day to start..I arrived at the upper lot at 1:20PM and it was 35 degrees with intermittent light rain.  Atomic Jeff was in the house and we also ran into Tele Ben who used to patrol at Camelback. 

Conditions were early spring choppy some mini mogul push piles not much hardpack. I skied everything including both main streets, barneys Bumps, the chute, come around, midway, easy out and vista.  I actually didn’t ski connector but it looked good.  Barely any people put some weirdos typical weekday older folks crowd and a few jibhonks..has a single high test beer in the lot thanks to Atomic Jeff it was largely rain free while I was skiing.  Base is solid 12-36” they’ll make it to the next decent snowmaking opportunity around Wednesday or so.  Peaced our around 330 and beat most of the rush hour traffic..JADIP

• Like 1

The bumps were excellent, I thought.  I had a blast in them.

After our last run in the bumps, I noticed a familiar face...a throwback to probably 10 years ago.  Last time I saw Tele Ben was either at Belleayre on opening day or at Camelback when I couldn't ski at Blue for 3 days. He's back on the east coast after a patrolling stint at Mammoth (I think).