Shawnee 1/21/22 - Skin it to win it.

toast21602

5 minutes ago, abe said:

StormTotalSnow.jpg

Between going to Shawnee or Montage sometime this weekend, may as well go to Jawnee tomorrow morning to try and get some fresh snow.  I'll probably bring my xc skis and see if anything around Stroudsburg is skiiable.  Should've been in Delaware for this one.  We barely had snow cover in Lancaster and the fog ate it by the afternoon, not enough to ski.

I'm guessing it might be too crowded on a weekend to try out my tele skins on Shawnee?

No weekend uphill at Shawnee. If you are taking your xc skis you could head to the McDade Trail along the Delaware River if the road is open in the winter. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Any updates?

Had about 11" of snow by noon and was still coming down and had shoveled twice. Even I-295 had enough snow that folks were going 35 and other roads about 20. With route to Shawnee being almost all snowy 2 lane roads I decided to stay home. First non-skiing weekend since early December. Gonna take kids sledding 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Had about 11" of snow by noon and was still coming down and had shoveled twice. Even I-295 had enough snow that folks were going 35 and other roads about 20. With route to Shawnee being almost all snowy 2 lane roads I decided to stay home. First non-skiing weekend since early December. Gonna take kids sledding 

You should ski tomorrow...conditions won’t be as good next weekend 

• Like 1

Yeah I... slid a bit getting on 222 early this morning from the ramp.  Not the 1st time I've done that in this spot it's banked weird on a curve.  I need new tires for next winter.

Roads are pretty ok now most spots