Big Boulder 1/29/23

saltyant

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Personally I can't conceive of counting skiing 2 places on the same day as 2 days. Particularly when a shared lift ticket has been good at both for over 40 years. Killington has multiple peaks that are much further apart than JF and BB, but hitting every Killington peak in a day would presumably count as less ski days than a day in which you ski at BB and Frost? Would throwing in a run at Pico make your Killington day count as 2? How do you count the two distinct peaks at Stowe or Sugsrbush? 

Paging Rhyme and Reason

As the unofficial stats manager, it’s impossible to get two days of skiing in one day but it is possible to ski two or more areas in one day.  Ski2Live if you notice any Tom Foolery in the stats, let me know.  I talk my self appointed role seriously.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I guess the BB people radioed the JF people and told them to save me a VVIP parking spot because I was disgruntled. The JF lift attendants were hardcore and didn't even tell me to put the bar down. I wanted to high five them so bad for stoke.

Did you take the short cut through split rock?

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Nah, I would have told them I don't do tolls.

I remember it being like 50 cents and actually my parents rented a house for a week this summer at Big Boulder lake mainly for my sister, bro in law and niece and nephew.  It will actually save me having to drive to Virginia where it will probably be 98 degrees. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I remember it being like 50 cents and actually my parents rented a house for a week this summer at Big Boulder lake mainly for my sister, bro in law and niece and nephew.  It will actually save me having to drive to Virginia where it will probably be 98 degrees. 

That's grate, since they don't charge a toll anymore now you'll have an extra Fitty Cent. If they had a toll maybe you can find a secret passageway in like the Roy Rogers on the Turnpike. I'm so jealous you get to vacation at Big Boulder, maybe I'll send you a postcard or telegram.

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

That's grate, since they don't charge a toll anymore now you'll have an extra Fitty Cent. If they had a toll maybe you can find a secret passageway in like the Roy Rogers on the Turnpike. I'm so jealous you get to vacation at Big Boulder, maybe I'll send you a postcard or telegram.

I’ll prob just go up for one night…during the week so I miss work.  

• Sad 1