Camelback Trip Report 12/22/23

saltyant

I skied Camelback on 12/22. It was radical.

What was grate:

- The Hump is steeep and had grate perd

- Asp was open which is almost as fun as Hump

- The gapers didn't get in my way on Hump or Asp

- the slow lift was open so I could avoid the small line at Sullivan

- no annoying race team everywhere!!!

What was not so grate:

- Unnecessary 15 minute delay at opening until 915 am on Sunbowl lift. Hopefully I get a Camelback survey to complain

- too many gapers on King Tut to make it annoying. Thankfully moar trails are open now like Honey Moon.

- the new Sullivan lift doesn't let you fully sit on your ski poles @atomicman

You can still do a partial sit on your polls.

Overall 8/10 day. Skied from 915 to 130 with a 15 min break. 2 points lost for stupid 15 minute delay. @GrilledSteezeSandwich Camelback talk

IMG_20231222_105811953_HDR.thumb.jpg.9f1d8494b0ec0f4f4c3f7c1d743e41d8.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

I skied Camelback on 12/22. It was radical.

What was grate:

- The Hump is steeep and had grate perd

- Asp was open which is almost as fun as Hump

- The gapers didn't get in my way on Hump or Asp

- the slow lift was open so I could avoid the small line at Sullivan

- no annoying race team everywhere!!!

What was not so grate:

- Unnecessary 15 minute delay at opening until 915 am on Sunbowl lift. Hopefully I get a Camelback survey to complain

- too many gapers on King Tut to make it annoying. Thankfully moar trails are open now like Honey Moon.

- the new Sullivan lift doesn't let you fully sit on your ski poles @atomicman

You can still do a partial sit on your polls.

Overall 8/10 day. Skied from 915 to 130 with a 15 min break. 2 points lost for stupid 15 minute delay. @GrilledSteezeSandwich Camelback talk

IMG_20231222_105811953_HDR.thumb.jpg.9f1d8494b0ec0f4f4c3f7c1d743e41d8.jpg

How was navigating the double black Diamond??  

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I navigated well. Magellan would be proud.

That’s what I like to hear. Remember when Ski2Live was saying how the vending machines in the hotel attached to the waterpark are cheaper than in the lodge??  Could prob save tree fiddy on some steeze Itz and a bottle of fizzy pop. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s what I like to hear. Remember when Ski2Live was saying how the vending machines in the hotel attached to the waterpark are cheaper than in the lodge??  Could prob save tree fiddy on some steeze Itz and a bottle of fizzy pop. 

Oh I member. I wonder if @Ski2Live Live2Ski and his daughters skied Camelback for $447 today ($149 x 3). Unfortunately he wouldn't have been able to ski to the waterpark lift since there is no perder down there, so he would have been forced to walk there to save tree fiddy on steeze lt fizzy pops from the vending machine that are more expensive than those in the fancy main lodge.

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh I member. I wonder if @Ski2Live Live2Ski and his daughters skied Camelback for $447 today ($149 x 3). Unfortunately he wouldn't have been able to ski to the waterpark lift since there is no perder down there, so he would have been forced to walk there to save tree fiddy on steeze lt fizzy pops from the vending machine that are more expensive than those in the fancy main lodge.

Can steal a couple of extra plastic forks and knives which will come in handy cutting up a hot dog into thirds..rumor has it, if you ski a few runs with Ski2Live, he might give you a jolly rancher he got from some office candy jar.  I go right for the Reese’s or mystery dum dums

• Boner City 1

7 minutes ago, DiMe said:

All this time I thought Ski2Live was a she.

WJW. I can't believe you didn't know this from my 12/2/2017 radical Camelback trip report. It's the second most viewed post in the entire Camelback forum at 21.7k views, second only to the amazing Snowtubing Report which has a whopping 30.5k views.

image.thumb.png.08f15e18c8227bcb64ee98eb3b7db000.png

23 minutes ago, DiMe said:

All this time I thought Ski2Live was a she.

I mean..I don’t think so and because you brought he/him/Jerry up I’ll find his Xmas song. Ski2Live is the short guy singing about Colorado and his girlfriend is the blonde. Usually I prefer blondes but the brunette is a smokeshow. I’m gonna hire her for singing lessons.