Camelback Bumps

skidude

On-Mountain Improvements for the Season:

In less than a week, our newest toy arrives at Camelback: The brand-new Camoplast BR350 winchcat! This state-of-the-art groomer will allow us to groom any trail uphill, leading to a smoother skiing surface, even on the steepest of slopes.

Our grooming crew will be able to take more time grooming the steeps, leading to more-even, treeline-to-treeline snow coverage. And we?ll be able to maintain bumps on some of the trails, bringing a new dimension to skiing at Camelback. Winchcat grooming makes it all possible, and Camelback is the only mountain in the area to offer it.

In the terrain parks, riders and freestyle skiers can look forward to nine new rails of differing shapes and sizes. And of course, our Park Crew and terrain-park-specific grooming equipment will be back to keep things in shape.

Hmm hopefully they don't let rocket bump up....

BUMPS :)

Was there really anything they couldn't groom without the wenchcat? I'm certainly no expert on grooming but it was my understanding that CB's pitches were mild enough you could drive a regular groomer over everything. Hence, 100% groomed trails.

9 new rails! Sounds like things may big time at CB. Then again maybe it's all marketing hype. Time will tell.

BUMPS :)

Was there really anything they couldn't groom without the wenchcat? I'm certainly no expert on grooming but it was my understanding that CB's pitches were mild enough you could drive a regular groomer over everything. Hence, 100% groomed trails.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I know a lot of the mountains up north use one to start bump runs...Insted of just blowing a lot of snow, and getting bumps, the drive there groomer over them a certain way, making bigger bumps

Not sure about this either, but maybe there spring time grooming won't suck as much if they groom uphill insted of down (not sure why, but we can hope)