Tussey Stoke Thread... 2024!!

saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

No preference, but I try to stay away from the cheap places like Econolodge

Keep Us updated, I remember when you talked about getting like $60 A day to buy food on the road and free breakfast at hotel, cheap lunch you have enough left for a legit supper like a hoagie from Walmart plus other snacks. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Keep Us updated, I remember when you talked about getting like $60 A day to buy food on the road and free breakfast at hotel, cheap lunch you have enough left for a legit supper like a hoagie from Walmart plus other snacks. 

Lift closed at Tussey. Maybe they are getting chair lift consultation from Camelback? All that fresh pow pow at the top of the very high mountain top will be radical once they open. I think Tussey is your favorite name for a ski mountain as it sounds kind of like Tushy.

Screenshot_20240213-133406-602.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some fancy shrimp with cocktail sauce in Milroy, PA. I think @tarponhead says always order seafood as far from the coast as possible. These shrimp were probably caught fresh from the bountiful streams flowing from Tussey Mountain.

IMG_20240213_190025284.thumb.jpg.24374fde6f772eb4fe93736d46c4449e.jpg

• Like 1

What a freakin' joke. I drove 20 minutes to Tussey, got my skis and boots ready and now the resort is closed again due to "chair lift broken". But the website says the black expert and blue square trails are open.

Big let down Tussey. Very, very disappoint. 0 out of 10 stars. I'd give negative stars if possible.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, saltyant said:

Some fancy shrimp with cocktail sauce in Milroy, PA. I think @tarponhead says always order seafood as far from the coast as possible. These shrimp were probably caught fresh from the bountiful streams flowing from Tussey Mountain.

IMG_20240213_190025284.thumb.jpg.24374fde6f772eb4fe93736d46c4449e.jpg

They were generous with the butter and the cock sauce..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What a freakin' joke. I drove 20 minutes to Tussey, got my skis and boots ready and now the resort is closed again due to "chair lift broken". But the website says the black expert and blue square trails are open.

Big let down Tussey. Very, very disappoint. 0 out of 10 stars. I'd give negative stars if possible.

If it’s any consolation, me and atomic Jeff were stuck on the lift for like five minutes earlier 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve been waiting all day for this report…I guess we can at least hope for a nice supper report.  

Tussey is a disaster zone! College students can't get their lessons in and some are hiking up the steep slopes. I say, screw you guys, I'm going home.

IMG_20240214_184231279_HDR.thumb.jpg.fec12872ec2922c2155f0ac795873bf1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If it’s any consolation, me and atomic Jeff were stuck on the lift for like five minutes earlier 

This is the first time I've gotten night skiing in years. At least I'll get to ski knee deep perder at real mountains in the Poke N' Hoes potentially 4 consecutive days starting Friday, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve been waiting all day for this report…I guess we can at least hope for a nice supper report.  

I was going to buy dinner at Tussey after a magical evening of skiing the massive alpine slopes in the Nittany Mountains. Well, Tussey is a really stupid resort for having its only chairlift broken every day during the peak of the skiing season. They aren't getting a penny from me, so I'll take my dinner money elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was going to buy dinner at Tussey after a magical evening of skiing the massive alpine slopes in the Nittany Mountains. Well, Tussey is a really stupid resort for having its only chairlift broken every day during the peak of the skiing season. They aren't getting a penny from me, so I'll take my dinner money elsewhere.

Wow well thanks for the prompt response and sorry you struck out on your skiing…I’m bummed for you buddy.  If it’s any consolation, I had to ski the left side of a perfect razors near the bottom cause there was a snowboarder on the right side.  

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is the first time I've gotten night skiing in years. At least I'll get to ski knee deep perder at real mountains in the Poke N' Hoes potentially 4 consecutive days starting Friday, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Oh Friday very nice…I might try to go up then…you thinking camelback or blue??

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Tussey is a disaster zone! College students can't get their lessons in and some are hiking up the steep slopes. I say, screw you guys, I'm going home.

IMG_20240214_184231279_HDR.thumb.jpg.fec12872ec2922c2155f0ac795873bf1.jpg

Looks like a ghetto bear creek or big boulder.  But don’t leave us hanging..any supper plans or maybe hit up a karaoke bar..

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow well thanks for the prompt response and sorry you struck out on your skiing…I’m bummed for you buddy.  If it’s any consolation, I had to ski the left side of a perfect razors near the bottom cause there was a snowboarder on the right side.  

That sucks. I'm glad I missed all the hassle of driving there and didn't have to worry about getting snowflakes all over my face mask