Anyone ever hear of these Pa. ski areas?

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Directly from RT website.  image.png.584c0eaa825fb4beaf47749d7d186059.png

And from DC Ski

image.png.c1c3653d04f7ddd1934451f46ce962d8.png

You can reference a topo map if you want. The bottom by the creek is ~700ft. The "summit" is around 1040ft. 

I've been there, albeit I didn't see every trail, but it all seemed pretty much the same fall line and didn't really get that steep anywhere. Somebody said like JF but with less vertical and no east mountain. That's about accurate. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

You can reference a topo map if you want. The bottom by the creek is ~700ft. The "summit" is around 1040ft. 

I've been there, albeit I didn't see every trail, but it all seemed pretty much the same fall line and didn't really get that steep anywhere. Somebody said like JF but with less vertical and no east mountain. That's about accurate. 

They should be reported to the better business bureau.  Windham lies about their vert as well. They have 250 or so vert less.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They should be reported to the better business bureau.  Windham lies about their vert as well. They have 250 or so vert less.  

They sold the whole place for $412k back in 2015ish. 

PASR could float that. We can all pitch in for the down payment. The owners were bikers who wanted to turn the place into a biker hangout but it never happened. Maybe they're looking to sell. 

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

PASR could float that. We can all pitch in for the down payment. The owners were bikers who wanted to turn the place into a biker hangout but it never happened. Maybe they're looking to sell. 

Nah I’ll just spend $700 to ski as much as I want for 4 months 20 miles away. I can’t fuck with these spring mountain type places.  Blue is my benchmark…but the little place good for people to learn. 

8 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Directly from RT website.  image.png.584c0eaa825fb4beaf47749d7d186059.png

And from DC Ski

image.png.c1c3653d04f7ddd1934451f46ce962d8.png

Both are lies. Neither have/had that much vertical. Most ski areas lie about their vertical.

Roundtop is close to their claimed vertical at 578' per Jollyturns which has accurate vertical for every lift currently in operation.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Alpine was 346 vertical to Roundtops 578 per Jollyturns. 

So it was 60% the vertical, not the 50% I estimated from memory

A little bit shorter than either the shortest TTB lifts at the west end of JF or the biggest lifts at BB. Also shorter than Spring.

Bigger than Campgaw or Big Snow

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Thats why im somewhat interested in the place.  Im super jealous of the owners.  that place was a steal, no mater what was on the property.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats why im somewhat interested in the place.  Im super jealous of the owners.  that place was a steal, no mater what was on the property.  

I think the snowmaking equipment and possibly the lifts were auctioned off if i remember correctly.

It was a good place for beginners. Better than a beginner going to Camelback where they would just be on the bottom of the mountain with the masses anyway. But newbies don't know about places like that.

3 hours ago, trackbiker said:

I think the snowmaking equipment and possibly the lifts were auctioned off if i remember correctly.

It was a good place for beginners. Better than a beginner going to Camelback where they would just be on the bottom of the mountain with the masses anyway. But newbies don't know about places like that.

Lifts are still there but would need to be replaced. Lodge was renovated the year before they closed but I heard there were some issues. Electrical or plumbing not done right so they couldn't open the bar that they had installed or something. Not sure what shape the lodge is in now though. Nobody has been there in almost ten years. It was all boarded up a couple of years ago. I imagine people have gotten inside by now. 

• Like 1

Ate in that new lodge once and it was much nicer than what preceded it.

I was actually there twice when it was free for us - the first time alone and the next time with the kids - who I thought might still be at a level that it could interest them - and we had fun but they did mock their idea of "black diamonds".

• Boner City 1

54 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ate in that new lodge once and it was much nicer than what preceded it.

......but they did mock their idea of "black diamonds".

They did do a good with the lodge renovation.

They really only had one moderately steep short trail at the bottom.