bellyeare

clashboy

Not a bad place to ski. MUCH less busy than Hunter, about the same distance for most people.

It has slower lifts, which is its main draw back.

I hope it's open by the 19th, I will be there if it is. But the weather does not look good at the moment, way too warm for the next two weeks.

I hope it's open by the 19th, I will be there if it is. But the weather does not look good at the moment, way too warm for the next two weeks.

they still have that place opening the 5th, you have to remeber, its up north a lil ways,a and the peak temps are alot colder, so we'll see, im heading up hopefully saturday

im looking to go to bellyeare (or however you spell it) on the 19th. Anyone no anything about the mountain?

19th of november*

Well, it's got a similar atmosphere as Tanglwood...it's state owned and state subsidized, which allows them to charge less for tickets, which makes Windham and Hunter management whine like crazy...it's a very basic, log cabin-type place.

Some of the diamond runs off the top are steep; some are left to bump up. If they get marginal temps, they'll open with skiing that only goes half-way up the upper mountain (the mountain is broken into three levels: the very bottom level is the beginner area; the upper mountain has a lift that allows skiers to unload halfway up for blue/green runs).

Anyway, when you turn into the access road, go past the lower lodge (on the left) and continue up the hill to the upper lodge lot. The goofy lift placement makes people have to hike up a steep little knoll to get to the closest lift.

It's just barely worth the trip up if it's only mid-mountain skiing. It's boring after two hours at most. If they're going from the top, then it's really good early season turns.

Mid-winter, Belleayre is terrific. Most people ski it from one side to the other, then back again. Each of the diamonds off the top is a straight fall line, but still unique. And there's always some tracks to follow that disappear into the woods.

If they have skiing from the top. Tickets will be $30 and $35 and there are $40 motel rooms within 3 miles of the slopes.

When they run from the top, it's a pretty nice black diamond at first...not too sketchy for intermediate skiers/boarders. And then they open up lots of other trails as quickly as possible, if they have the temps.

Spend the 40 bucks and go up the night before...5 hours each way with your first day on the snow in between is very tiring. :thud

only one problem with that... i work everyfriday night untill ten unloading a truck. then on sundays i work from 2-10 (untill ski seson starts around here.) so i can only really do a day trip.

only one problem with that... i work everyfriday night untill ten unloading a truck. then on sundays i work from 2-10 (untill ski seson starts around here.) so i can only really do a day trip.

Not to harsh your buzz, VT, but 10 hours of driving would be a bitch even if it was for Jackson Hole. But I've done tons of ridiculous early season road trips over the years and haven't regretted any of them.

Sometimes you just have to say 'what the F'.

That's so true, my 4+ hour drive to VT was well worth it, and I timed the trip to the Belleayre exit (it's not the shortest route for me but it was easy) at around 2 hours.

If it's open, I'm going.

VT 5 hours? where do you live, kentucky? (maybe that would explain the spelling :jk )

Not to harsh your buzz, VT, but 10 hours of driving would be a bitch even if it was for Jackson Hole. But I've done tons of ridiculous early season road trips over the years and haven't regretted any of them.

We did the "what the f" thing at the end of the season last year chasing the snow melt a couple of times. We may do a pre-season run this year if there is decent coverage. It is a long long day..