Making Snow????

bigdaddyk

I can't beieve that some of the resorts did not make snow last week. I don't buy into the story that they wanted to wait until after Monday's rain, because the rain wasn't even in the forecast for much of last week. That's just like saying, well it might rain in December, so we'll wait until January. It just shows, that around here, the resorts aren't truly into it. :pissed I'm especially upset at JF / BB because I spent all that money on a season pass and even paid extra for the parking pass, which the more I think of it, the more it angers me. It doesn't matter how quickly it gets cold, they always wait to open in December. Last year it was warm, up to two weeks into December and most place opened around the 18th. This year it got cold enough, the 2nd/ 3rd week into November, and resorts are still waiting and saying that they are opening "early" around the 8th / 9th. That's 2 to 3 weeks waisted that could be used for sking/ riding, since the extended forecasts show below freezing temps, nightly. To me, it seems that they will be opening "late", again.

one of my friends told me that he was up montage with his mom(shes a ski patrol)and they said they are thinking about making snow on wednesday. :drool i love snow.

Yea, i heard that same thing from my brothers friend who is a backup snow maker/ rental. He said Wed. is looking good for the start of snowmaking, but he said definetaly this wee;. If they got 5 or 6 days straight in, they could be open in november, and the temps look favorable, and even Mother nature snowing on us tuesday night and thursday. :D

Yea, i heard that same thing from my brothers friend who is a backup snow maker/ rental. He said Wed. is looking good for the start of snowmaking, but he said definetaly this wee;. If they got 5 or 6 days straight in, they could be open in november, and the temps look favorable, and even Mother nature snowing on us tuesday night and thursday. :D

I could be wrong , but I doubt Montage would ever open in November.

I just saw JF / BB website said that they are starting to blow on Friday. Why wait so long? More wasted days. BB is set to open Dec. 17th and JF Dec. 10th. Like I said in a previous post, they don't care because this is no earlier than last year. :angry::pissed. Next year, my money is going to be spent at CB.

I think you would like CB better if it opens earlier or later.

I know I'm starting to sound like a whiney bitch :deadhorse: , but I still can't believe JF/BB is not making snow. Almost 7 days will be wasted, until they turn on the guns :rocks ....and some of those are probably gonna be 24 hour days. Anybody else feel the same way??? :banghead

To clarify, I know I sound like a whiney bitch, but is anybody else pissed that some of the resorts are not making snow yet?