The new guy

skidude

So I was ridding up the lift at Stratton this weekend with a guy who is friends with the new owners...Heres what he had to say...

That Barry is running the ski area because he wants a place to play, and not because he wants to make money. Also he has a lot of friends who are very good skiers (including the group of expert tele skiers that are at CB most mornings).

Supposidly Barry has lots of money, and doesn't really need to make lots on the ski area.

The manager at stratton also told me that I might be seeing some bump runs, and that Barry would look into trail expansion.

Not sure how much of its true, but it seems like good news to hear :D

That Barry is running the ski area because he wants a place to play, and not because he wants to make money. Also he has a lot of friends who are very good skiers (including the group of expert tele skiers that are at CB most mornings).

That group of tele skiers are connected to him? Huh, I never knew that, and they were the ones that taught me how to tele. Those guys are great though, and fun to be around. They play a great game called "Tele Tag" where the object is get everyone else's binding to release by smacking them with poles while going down Marjies.

My brother does something like that. He claims he has good times with "Pole Wars" where a pack of skiers head down together and smack each other with their poles until they fall down. :rofl I'm glad I ride and don't have to ski with them.

not really a good idea

all the noobs cutting on theat trail not knowing it goes to clifffy

could get nasty

If its anything like CB has been in the past there will definitely be many warning signs that it leads to cliffy, although that might not stop them anyway...

A new owner is definitely what CB needed! it's good he wants it to be a place to play just like us

:D

Really the best thing they could do is fall down so I can ollie over them. I actually did that once because some idiot was sitting down right after the bend on Pharaoh on the left side and by the time I saw him it was too late anyways. He reported me to patrol and I got written up or something (took my name down and stuff) and than had to watch that stupid safety video again :( Now come on, he is the one that should have been written up, as far as I'm concerned I saved his life and it was really the only thing I could do plus my instinct took over anyways.

A new owner is definitely what CB needed! it's good he wants it to be a place to play just like us

:D

I have been told that BC also sold to a guy who is using the slope as one of his hobbies. Things could get reeeeeeally good for CB, on the other hand..... Thnk about it... It's gonna get really crowded :(

I have been told that BC also sold to a guy who is using the slope as one of his hobbies. Things could get reeeeeeally good for CB, on the other hand..... Thnk about it... It's gonna get really crowded :(

dude it already is really crowded.... I have heard stories of the CAT team using the asains sitting in the trail as gates, hell I know i do it..... its so much fun to scare the noobs on the mountain lol lol

dude it already is really crowded.... I have heard stories of the CAT team using the asains sitting in the trail as gates, hell I know i do it..... its so much fun to scare the noobs on the mountain lol lol

Not just the ski team that does that...

And uhh you better not do that when your in an instructors jacket...

Not just the ski team that does that...

And uhh you better not do that when your in an instructors jacket...

If the management of the ski school hasn't changed, I'd agree with you skidude.

He'd be history real fast. The quickest way to lose your "ski free" privilleges (sic) is

to jerk around in a CB jacket.