Belleayre Today 11/28/05

Ski

Temps around 55, with no rain, and mostly hardpack snow...tickets were $30 for adults and $5 for really short people. We pulled into the lot and I thought they were closed...maybe 10 cars? Interesting to just ski the lower mountain, down below the main lodge where all the long green circle runs are. 'Dude, 'Mom, and I skied down there once last spring, but we spent the whole afternoon today absolutely alone doing laps. The fog is the worst kind of snow killer and they'll be struggling by mid-day tomorrow. But a GREAT day today...

Temps around 55, with no rain, and mostly hardpack snow...tickets were $30 for adults and $5 for really short people. We pulled into the lot and I thought they were closed...maybe 10 cars? Interesting to just ski the lower mountain, down below the main lodge where all the long green circle runs are. 'Dude, 'Mom, and I skied down there once last spring, but we spent the whole afternoon today absolutely alone doing laps. The fog is the worst kind of snow killer and they'll be struggling by mid-day tomorrow. But a GREAT day today...

Nice pics...Ty looks taller from last seasons pics. Good to see you had nice day on the slopes with the little one.

Thanks, POC, she's destined for a life in the fifth percentile, though...you know that chart? But it was cool that she moved up from 70's to 80's without even noticing. 10 extra cm's for a little kid is a big deal, but they are the same color Race 5's and I didn't tell her...and the stability of the longer ski makes a lot of difference.

Skiing with your kid is just Fing great. :)

Her skiing is looking great! Can't wait to ski with her again, she's a blast!

Ha, thanks, and she was wondering where you, 'Dude, and 'Mom were today...I guess if we're not at Montage, we must be at your hill... :confused

And, btw, Blue Mt: "Children 6 and under FREE when accompanied by an adult."

Props to Blue for that...

Nah, my hair's been the same color since I was four. Now about that "it" comment :D

My wife looks like a 10 year old boy when she's in her SB gear. One time an older man almost took her out in the line and apologized patting her on the back and nearly knocked her down, thinking she was a guy. And she rips on a board, which makes people think she's a he.

My wife looks like a 10 year old boy when she's in her SB gear. One time an older man almost took her out in the line and apologized patting her on the back and nearly knocked her down, thinking she was a guy. And she rips on a board, which makes people think she's a he.

Ha, that's funny. And much better than you looking like a 10 yr old girl.

You should have her dress up in her snowboard gear when you go to movies, museums, and of course ski areas so you can get her the childs price. I did that with a young looking ex-girlfriend. She was like 19 and I would always get her the childrens price. Even though I graduated from college 4.5 years ago I always use my old student ID for discounts. I'm going to try and milk it until I get a seniors discount.

I'd hate trying to explain that one to a judge.