Bear Creek Park video

swdorsey

i dont really know who to contact about this but i am interested in making a weekly- bi weekly minute or less long video segment of the bear creek park for that week showcasing the local riders and the park features for that particular week and put the video on the website. If anyone knows who to contact regarding this or feedback on the idea please post.

Edited by swdorsey

The video is a great idea. However, at this time it is not something we can run through the Bear Creek website. (We're redesigning our entire site at the end of the season though, so we can probably incorporate it for next year.) However, we will be linking to the Bear Creek forum here from our Terrain Park page, so maybe you could put the videos on this site. What do you think?

The video is a great idea. However, at this time it is not something we can run through the Bear Creek website. (We're redesigning our entire site at the end of the season though, so we can probably incorporate it for next year.) However, we will be linking to the Bear Creek forum here from our Terrain Park page, so maybe you could put the videos on this site. What do you think?

wow linking to us even after we've been giving you guys a hard time. wow you guys :rock more and more each day. :bow::band:clap

if i can do that for free i will most def do it... i dont have the money 2 host it myself though but if i can get the space from pasr i will do it definately

If you are intrested if you go to you control pannel and click 'Purchase Paid Subscriptions' under Options you can get space to host video on the site. Also I think there are some free hosting sites, some other members may be able to give you more info on that. Just make sure you're not giving up you copyright or any thing.

yeah i understand but honestly im not about to pay money to help bear creek with some free videos of their park... it would b cool if i could do it for free and they would link to it but it wouldnt look good on BC's site to link to some random hosting site... i could link to sasfilms.com but that would look bad 2 send people there... if pasr would host me then i would gladly do it for free... someone on this site with autority over this please pm me

i would need about 10 megs per video (just a guess prob a lil on the high side) as well so i could post 1 or all depending on the available space

i think that they wanted it to be hosted here and the bc website would have a link to pasr where the videos were contained

Thats what we are working on. BTW PASR/Donator/Supporter status entitles you to many things including space to host videos. This is a non-profit board run by snow lovers who are shelling out the bucks to keep the site up and to get the word out. There is no advertising, other than a test link to the Ski Bum on the home page. So please, everyone!!! Consider sending the cost of a lift ticket to help pay for the servers.

I think it is great that you want to post video updates of a park and I can see that you feel you shouldn't have to use your money to help promote BC. We think you have a great idea to help make PASR even better. Hang in there and hold on to your thought, there are some options that we are working on.

Rob

alright guys this is how its going to work every video will basically show every feature in both the main park and the small park... i will film the video primarily but if others want to give footage/ help film thats great... all that you need to do is film on a mini-dv tape and give me the tape at the end of the day... i will give the tape back the next time that i see you... the video will have an equal amount of snowboarders and skiiers... basically all you have to do to be in the video is do stuff on the features that day and frequent bear creek most times... the videos should be sweet and music selections can be suggested here on the forum... also once the videos come out i will tell you there exact location on the web... look for the first one about a week after opening any questions just post here or send me a pm... thats all for now i hope you guys are stoked on the idea

It's a great idea if the focus is on the BC terrain features first... I know that things get switched around and stuff gets added through out the season. If the video is focused on riders doing tricks, well then hosting anywhere and linking from here is another thing... The Roundtopriders and A-Jibbers are starting to link to some of thier stuff which is pretty good.