Ski blades or regular skis?

ColoradoHigh

I am planning to get a pair of skiblades. I am not sure if they are easy to ski with or not. How much do they cost? Do skiblades come from Atomic? What brand should I get? Should I stick with my other regular skis?

If anyone could respond with some reveiws on which is better, that would be great.

Thanx!!!! :)

snowblades are the poorman's twintip. if you like to ski the park. get a pair of twins. to be completely honest with you, people don't take snowbladers seriously.

they may be cheap, but they are nothing compared to skis. i know from expereience. i bought a pair of snowblades when i was in 6th grade because i couldnt afford skis and it was the worst thing i could have done. the next year i get twins and havent gone back because there really is no reason to.

Twin tip skis, are skis that are pointed up in the tip and tail of ski. They are fatter then most race skis. A normal mid twintip ski is 80mm-85mm waist. There are super soft park skis, or stiffer park skis. Snowblades are stupid and no one rides them anymore. If you want a good twintip package, and good park bindings go to http://www.princetonoutdoor.com/browse.cfm/4,8202,1718.htm

That is one hell of a deal. If I were you I would seriously think about gettin those, instead of snowblades.

Those things/the people that do them suck incredible amounts of suck.

Every trick they do looks insanely ugly!

At BC I seen some kid with them that must of been like 50 or 60cm long...they were just a bit bigger than his boot. Why not just run down the mountain instead?

Im no twin-tipper, but from what I know they have identical noses and tails, so you can ride fakie and not catch on the ski.

Edited by justin

I saw a guy go off the smaller booter at Blue today on ski blades and he landed in the backseat which is not to forgiving on snowlerblades. I think snowblades stink and it's one thing that skiers and boarders can agree on is that snowlerbladers look silly. I think they would be a good tool for staying centered on your skis since you can't lean to far forward or backwards. I would say get better at regular skiing. AtomicSkier556 how long have you been skiing for?

I have been skiing since I was like 6 I am 15 now. I started to actually work on manouvers on skis last year, to get better and get myself ready for the tough stuff. Before this, I was just going down the mountain. This year is the year for me to improve 10 times better then before.

Ha, or just a stupid chick?

ski005_2.jpg

What kind of lift is that in the background? Those look pretty cool (the lift, not the skis.) So I guess I came to my conclusion, skiblades are downright stupid. I don't do tricks so I guess twin tips are out of the question too. Ahhhh screw it, I will keep using the skis I am skiing on now. Lol :lol Thanx for everyones feedback, that helped me a bunch. And no, I am not a clown. :no:nana I am more of a modern monkey :lol:P lol, jkjkjkjk