THE SHOWDOWN Slopestyle Competition

Bear Creek PR

Ok guys, here is the lowdown on tonight's event. First of all, it WILL be taking place, so no need to worry about that. We are opening the course at 4:30pm for practice (for registered competitors only). The registration will take place from 4:30-5:30 at the Guest Services desk.

We are limiting the number of competitors in each division (up to 30 in Skier Expert, Board Expert and Board Intermediate, and up to 15 in all the rest). The 12 & Under, Women's and Ski and Board Novice divisions will get one prelim run and the top 3 will advance to the final round. In the Skier Expert, Board Expert and Board Novice divisions, the competitors will get two prelim runs and the top 5 will advance to the final round.

For tonight's event, you will be judged on Overall Impresssion, Trick Attack (variety/difficulty) and Technical Skill (takeoff/landing, amplitude, speed).

Also, on the registration form we ask for your spin direction. However, if you are dropping in switch, you can always raise your hand to signal that you're doing so.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a little confused on the spin direction. so you tell them what your natural direction is, and if you want to drop switch/fakie you raise your hand. so what if you drop switch and spin unatty, or drop switch and spin natty?

edit: if thats confusing i know, i get confused between how boarders ride and how skiers ride. And how the judges sort it all out.

Edited by Shadows

The Contest Blowed.................i can understand that it was the first comp but i had to wait for 2 hours to take my run. The park set up in the little park was not bad for what snow they had but the contest was so unorgainized with times and just the way it was run.......hopefully the halve pipe comp will be more organized than this one....

props to everyone who came out and threw down tonight. the setup was sketchy at best; i was definately expecting better. just because you dont have a ton of snow to work with doesnt mean that the lips onto the rails need to launch you two feet up only to slam down onto the rail. quarterpipe/mailbox feature was fun, but that was about the only thing that was set up well that i hit. i cant say anything about the smaller flatbox or c box, cause i stuck to the line on the right though. hopefully next time they dont change the format halfway through... twice. like boyer said, people got screwed over by them doing that again.