Parks

tak

Soooooooo, anyone know when Exhibition Park is going to open? :D by the way i'm new to the whole park scene so if anyone is going up the same day i am and wants to give me a few pointers i'd be greatful. :D last time i went i hit the battleship box they had which was really fast and nice but i only 50-50ed it because thats all i knew how to do / was not scared to do lol. i hit their down box 50-50ing that and their kicker which i did some random grab i dunno what it's called lol.

Edited by tak

Welcome to PASR :D

Some advice for the park, don't be afraid to go fast at things, if you go too slow, you will have a greater chance of getting hurt (especially if they are things like rainbows and battleships, you wouldn't want to get stuck on something like that).

Also, whenever I hit something for the first time, I always unstrap and take a look at it before I hit it. Usually most rails, boxes, etc. look much bigger than they actually are from the drop in because of the mountain's slope angle.

Welcome to PASR :D

Some advice for the park, don't be afraid to go fast at things, if you go too slow, you will have a greater chance of getting hurt (especially if they are things like rainbows and battleships, you wouldn't want to get stuck on something like that).

Also, whenever I hit something for the first time, I always unstrap and take a look at it before I hit it. Usually most rails, boxes, etc. look much bigger than they actually are from the drop in because of the mountain's slope angle.

i realized that after i went over the battleship box haha, good ideas thanks :D

as soon as the weather breaks snowmaking will resume. before the weather turned crappy on us, we were looking to have the ex. park open late last week. but as of right now, we have to focus on getting more snow on the mountain in general. we are possibly going to have to close the bunker hill park sometime this week due to a lack of snow in there right now.

as soon as the weather breaks snowmaking will resume. before the weather turned crappy on us, we were looking to have the ex. park open late last week. but as of right now, we have to focus on getting more snow on the mountain in general. we are possibly going to have to close the bunker hill park sometime this week due to a lack of snow in there right now.

thats ashame :(

Hi Joe,

The nextsnow comp for next weekend, Jan 7th, is that still on?

glad you asked that.. i was just about to send you a private message... today at staff meeting we went over the whole format and everything for the next x snow comp. and we decided to move the event back a week til the 15th (sunday) if we would have held the event this weekend it would have been mostly race events and we probablly won't have been able to have the slopestyle due to lack of a competition worthy park. we are looking at better temps for next week, and i have a couple of things up my sleve in the works right now. but as of right now, this is how next weekend will be:

Friday, Jan 13th - rail jam

Saturday Jan 14th - Mega Demo Day

Sunday Jan 15th - Next X Competition (slopestyle, half pipe, ect.)

keep up to date on Skiroundtop.com or you can personally email me at jgarbacik@skiroundtop.com with any questions about the events to come

Thanks for the update Joe, but it kinda sucks. Nipples aka Steven :rolleyes: was/is scheduled to go to Mountain Creek that day of the 15th.

scheduled? sounds like he's a celebrity..haha... but that sucks if he wouldn't be able to make it.... in my eyes he would have been a favorite to win that comp.

scheduled? sounds like he's a celebrity..haha... but that sucks if he wouldn't be able to make it.... in my eyes he would have been a favorite to win that comp.

Nipples the True Legend - you Roundtop guys created the little monster :) Schedule, yeah you should see it, I have one racer and one freestyler. We are "booked every weekend until 4-15.

It will be his decision to make on where to go. It is a tough one for me as a parent, The Mountain Creek qualifier is only open to 35 participants and he got the invite and I have paid the fee. MC is well known for their park (not that RT isn't) and we haven't been there before and we are planning for a PASR day on that date. I'd like him to look at the bigger picture however I think, he'll choose you guys. Plus it is more of natural for him to rep RT in the event he does win since most of his skiing friends from COC are at RT.

This weather sucks!

Edited by Papasteeze

ok..i'm letting the cat out of the bag right now... IF we get some sort of snowmaking weather, the plan is to set up a park on fife and drum for the competition and leave it up until exhibition opens... its not going to be anything huge, i have 2 brand new rails that i've been keeping under wraps that i'll put out for the comp, and i'd like to see alot more jumps, but that is going to require alot of snow... right now we have tomorrow (friday) and saturday night to make snow... most of the focus will be on areas that need it most, but if we can pull it off, it will be done... i'm not making any promises on anything, nor trying to get anyone's hopes up, but that is the plan that is in the works.... but the temps will be our friend or enemy...bottom line is its gonna be a last minute call...

ok..i'm letting the cat out of the bag right now... IF we get some sort of snowmaking weather, the plan is to set up a park on fife and drum for the competition and leave it up until exhibition opens... its not going to be anything huge, i have 2 brand new rails that i've been keeping under wraps that i'll put out for the comp, and i'd like to see alot more jumps, but that is going to require alot of snow... right now we have tomorrow (friday) and saturday night to make snow... most of the focus will be on areas that need it most, but if we can pull it off, it will be done... i'm not making any promises on anything, nor trying to get anyone's hopes up, but that is the plan that is in the works.... but the temps will be our friend or enemy...bottom line is its gonna be a last minute call...

we love you joe g! lol ^^ is also why i love this forum ;)

Sweet!! I'll make sure nipples knows. Think Cold weather!!!!

from the videos and pictures that i have seen of roundtops park this year... it doesnt look any better than my backyard. everything seems so small, low to the ground, and ride-on crap... is that just the beginner park or something that people film in? if thats the only park then i dontk now why people keep talkin up the park there when it looks like that.

from the videos and pictures that i have seen of roundtops park this year... it doesnt look any better than my backyard. everything seems so small, low to the ground, and ride-on crap... is that just the beginner park or something that people film in? if thats the only park then i dontk now why people keep talkin up the park there when it looks like that.

yea the only things i have seen people filming in would be their begginner park due to it being the only one open till recently. exhibition (big park) is quite nice, just not open yet due to the lack of snow :/.

Edited by tak

your backyard may be better than our parks so far this year.... we haven't had the snow yet to get our bigger park off the ground yet.. the only thing that we've had was our beginner park which only has room and pitch for 5 maybe 6 rails, and our intermediate park, which is layed out so you can either hit a jump and be done, or hit a couple rails and be done, reguardless of how the park is layed out.. with the return of cold weather, you'll see the return of a park people talked so highly about last year..

Joe it's Nick C...I'm heading up tomorrow since I don't work...and "IT" better be up! :rock

"IT" won't be up until saturday night now... i had xrays done today on my shoulder today, and i have and mri this morning at 9... working on everything tends to slow down when i'm the only one working on stuff with only one arm