PARK PASS!

Dr. Cheek

, but we are trying to do anything we can to keep people safe in the park, and the more they know about how they shouldn't stop under a landing to a jump we are landing switch off of, then the better the park will be for everyone. I'm gonna see if we can get a few guys from Blue's park crew to stand at the top of Sidewinder this weekend for a few hours and just talk to people. This way we can try to make up some smart style flyers we can give to families, we can talk to some of the riders and hear what they want to see out of the park, and just let people know that we are really trying.

MAD FREAKIN PROPS!! I HOPE BC IS LISTENING!!

BC needs to get park passes, and seriously needs to consider on how they r running there ski school.

Pass your message onto the Contact email on thier website all of the mgt staff reads it. It was specifically stated at the public forum by your general manager that there will not be any ski school in the park. Don't hate just give them the approximent time and date because apparently one of the instructors did not get the message.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe instead of park passes at first they should do something like post a mountain employee at the top of the run, someone who can stop moms and their little kids who can barely stand up from going through the park. Something really has to be done though, i got cut off right at the take off to the big booter at bear, swerved around the guy but couldnt stop in time so i flew off the jump and landed flat on my stomach twisting both my bindings 90 degrees and cracking my baseplate in the process. On top of this the guy and his little son who could barely stand up carved right across the landing as i was laying there half dead. Then later that day when i saw another guy and his son who couldnt even stand up on his skis trying to go through the park and i stopped and said something politely he acted like i was being the biggest dick ever. People dont understand the severity of what can happen when your going that fast and coming over a blind landing and crashing into people. Another problem i have is the ski school going through the terrain park carving over and across both takeoffs and landings. I dont understand how the people teaching these kids to ski dont know better then to do that. These are paid mountain employees who are taking kids that are LEARNING to ski through a park that is marked on the trail map as a black diamond. They wouldnt take these young kids down any of the other black diamonds or through the mogul field so why the terrain park? I think that they should leave the little park open to whoever (except the ski school) and have someone posted at the top of the big park to try and weave out some of the people who dont belong there. If they see that people can barely stand on their skis or board they simpley ask them to go a different route. As for the ski school, if these kids want to learn to ride the park, maybe bear needs a park specific program to teach these kids the right way.

And weeks ago I read on this board that bc doesnt run ski and snowboard school through the terrain park. This was proven wrong on SUnday They took quite a few runs on Cascade and were fucking everything up for me and every1 else tryin to have a good time. BC needs to get park passes, and seriously needs to consider on how they r running there ski school.

Yep I was there sunday as well. I even stopped an instructor and asked them why the were bringing a lesson of very beginner kids through the terrain park. Well she was very, very rude to me and said its where they want to go and that I can't tell her what to do. :banghead

Yep I was there sunday as well. I even stopped an instructor and asked them why the were bringing a lesson of very beginner kids through the terrain park. Well she was very, very rude to me and said its where they want to go and that I can't tell her what to do. :banghead

Not to repeat myself - but just in case. It was stated that there would not be ski school in the parks. That/those instructors must not be aware of this mandate. Be part of the solution and privately email your information to the contact info on their webpage. The email will get into the right hands.

Not to repeat myself - but just in case. It was stated that there would not be ski school in the parks. That/those instructors must not be aware of this mandate. Be part of the solution and privately email your information to the contact info on their webpage. The email will get into the right hands.

I sent an email this morning explaining what happened and voiced concern about beginners and lessons being in the park. Something needs to be done, because at times it is pretty bad.

I sent an email this morning explaining what happened and voiced concern about beginners and lessons being in the park. Something needs to be done, because at times it is pretty bad.

Cool! thats what they had ask be done at the public forum they had over the holiday. BC is really listening and concerned with their progression. Hopefully you get a nice reply.

I don't really agree with the whole park pass thing, but something has to be done about ettiquite. The park at CB was rediculous today. There were a decent amount of people who were just fine, but there were a few that were terrible. I was cut off for a jump (even though I clearly called my drop) by a girl who rolled over the lip. I avoided a few rails because of people. The absolute worst came when I was waiting for the second jump in laurel glade.

I'm up the trail a ways trying to get more speed and hopefully more air. Below me there are a few people waiting closer to the hit. They were taking way too long but thats not even the issue. Out of nowhere I hear "DADDY I'M GOING TO DO IT". Well this can't be good. A father and 2 little kids emerges from the side of the rainbow rail. They could have not been more than 5 yards above the jump. A little girl procedes to head at this jump from a dead stop. Needless to say she does not make it up. Instead of sliding backwards down it and ending the problem she has to take it one step farther. She begins to WALK!! in an outturned plow type way up the ramp of this jump. She teeters on the lip for a second, steps down and skis away as happy as can be. Her brother follows and procedes to do the same. Proud papa just stood there and took the whole thing in, skied around and collected his children.

I don't claim to be a park rat at all, but these kind of things are just downright unacceptable. A lot of people may disagree, but everyone has the right to roll over a lip once. We've all got to learn. What happened today is just completely unnescessary.

dude i fully and completely agree with you. thats some bullshit right there that happened to u. man i woulda jus flat out been like " yo!!! if u can even make it up a jump then get the hell outta the park, ur jus holdn us all up and f'n everyones run up!!!!!!!!!!" yo i don care how old the little kids are, if u cant ride like the big boys then dont try to ride wit em. there has deffinately has to be something done about that.

as a snowboard instructor, i see many lessons that are not park specific lesons go through the park and especially the pipe. if i see someone takig a beginner lesson through the park, i casually tell them they should not be doing so, many do ot listen or care and it's frustrating. beginners have no place in a terrain park, and terrain park featuresare notmeant to help people learn to turn, carve, wedge, or whatever. i will continue mentoning it to instructors i see taking non-freestyle/park lessons into the park that they shouldn't be doing so and if happens more frequently a few of us are going to go to the director of ski school to have something done about this becase it is dangerous.

well i just sent dessin an email requesting park passes. heres what i wrote

to whom this may concern:

im writing you because i think that sidewinder park should be park pass only. the reason why is because i myself and several friends of mine were going to hit a feature in sidewinder and we are continueously being cut off by people who shouldnt be there not only for their safety but for myself and others who are trying to progress there skills in the park. many times thus far this season i have either hit someone or almost hit someone because they either cut right infront of me or they stop right on the landing of the feature. i hope you see that im am trying to make the park a safer place and more fun for everyone.

thanks,

zack

im writing you because i think that sidewinder park should be park pass only. the reason why is because i myself and several friends of mine were going to hit a feature in sidewinder and we are continueously being cut off by people who shouldnt be there not only for their safety but for myself and others who are trying to progress there skills in the park. many times thus far this season i have either hit someone or almost hit someone because they either cut right infront of me or they stop right on the landing of the feature. i hope you see that im am trying to make the park a safer place and more fun for everyone.

thanks,

zack

Well said Zack - but do your self a favor and use the chell specker, k?

i have been sending email like that for the last 3 years....

To Bear or Blue? This is a Bear Creek Thread - OH! so you know, Blue is the only mountain that I can't seem to get inside of, in relation to PASR. I don't know how their email system works, but....

Edited by Papasteeze

as a snowboard instructor, i see many lessons that are not park specific lesons go through the park and especially the pipe. if i see someone takig a beginner lesson through the park, i casually tell them they should not be doing so, many do ot listen or care and it's frustrating. beginners have no place in a terrain park, and terrain park featuresare notmeant to help people learn to turn, carve, wedge, or whatever. i will continue mentoning it to instructors i see taking non-freestyle/park lessons into the park that they shouldn't be doing so and if happens more frequently a few of us are going to go to the director of ski school to have something done about this becase it is dangerous.

yo, thank u soo much. dude u are the kind of ppl i like. pll who dont belong there should jus stay out period end of discussion. i myself am a park rat and im not afraid to admit it. and i certainly care more about the safety of my fellow freestylers than i do little joey whos still learnin how to stop. again thank u for wat ur doin and please try and talk to someone thats up there in management to try to work out a park pass kinda thing.

thanks,

zack

I too sent in a little something.

Hi, I ride at blue mountian frequently- every weekend, and any other time I can get up. I'd just like to say good job with sidewinder park. Sidewinder has been stepped up so much this year- gap-on rails, huge booters, and a new wallride. The park is nuts, and I love it. The only thing is: With all the challenge comes danger. Obviously, you know now many people go into the park on a regular basis. Some of those people shouldn't be there. What I'm saying is this: Some people in the park don't know proper terrain park etiquette, or aren't experienced enough to be there. They are putting themselves at risk for injury, as well as others. Flat out, they get in the way of a lot of people, and pose a danger. The jumps (specifically the rail take-offs) are also misused by many people, messing up the feature for other people to hit it. This is also unsafe. If only there were a way to either inform them or restrict access. You probably get tons of email about park passes, but just hear me out. I think that park passes are a VERY good idea, and everyone will benefit from them. Mountain Creek, for instance, set up a park pass program last year. This included a 5 dollar fee to get into the main parks, with the big hits. A lot of people on the message boards (www.paskiandride.com, to be specific) have been talking about this idea, and i think it is great. If you set it up, with a 5 dollar, one time only fee- for sidewinder park, then i think it would benefit everybody who rides park. Many people in the parks get in the way, which is dangerous for them and others. It's also just an annoyance to many people. I really think that you guys should consider this idea (hell, at least give it an end-of-season trial, to see how it works out). Besides that, great job with the parks this year- A lot of people are impressed. Blue mountain is becoming one of the best terrain parks in the area. Be sure to check out www.paskiandride.com every once and a while- there's a lot of good information on the blue mountain message board there.

Later