Spinning

Stevo

I need some help with spinning. Last year, i could spin and shit, but the spins would be, like 6 inches off of the ground, and i'd spin half of my rotations off of the lip. I tried one last night-i went way slow, and carved too hard into the lip. Basically, it didn't work. :rofl With sidewinder steppin it up this year, i'd like to get into spinning. I haven't really tried anything this year spin-wise, and i was wondering if anyone could post some detailed tips. Skiers, too- i'm sure someone on here could use the help.

Start on small stuff, just trail merges that come to a point, jumps on the sides of trails, or real small stuff in the park. Start with 180's. Rotate your shoulders and hips, don't just carve your skis through a turn. Spot your landings, and look over the shoulder in the direction you are spinning. A skier can probobly provide more information, but those are the basics.

Start on small stuff, just trail merges that come to a point, jumps on the sides of trails, or real small stuff in the park. Start with 180's. Rotate your shoulders and hips, don't just carve your skis through a turn. Spot your landings, and look over the shoulder in the direction you are spinning. A skier can probobly provide more information, but those are the basics.

haha, no i snowboard! I just said for skiers to post their info for anyone on here who may need it. :D

Just to add... prewinding can help, don't over ephasize on prewinding, but it can "force" you to make the right moves.

After that there's not much I can help you with unless I see how you ride. The blue mountain freestyle program would probobly love to help you get spinning! Or maybe you can have someone from here that regularly rides at blue to help you out for a day.

After that there's not much I can help you with unless I see how you ride. The blue mountain freestyle program would probobly love to help you get spinning! Or maybe you can have someone from here that regularly rides at blue to help you out for a day.

Nah, i got better things to spend 400 bucks on. I'll just have to mess around with spinning more.

I think a big thing doing any type of tricks is confidence. You have to be confident and commit to what you are doing. If you don't think you can do it, you aren't going to. Also keep practicing on small jumps and stuff until you are comfortable and progress from there. I can't give any more advice because I'm still trying to learn also, but thats how I'm going at it.

Don't turn off the lip, pop off it. One of the biggest mistakes I see people make is trying to just continue a spin off a lip, as if they were just carving down a hill. Keep weight on your edge, but don't turn.

Wrong.

Yeah, that's what i've done in the past-didn't work well. Next time i head up i'll try to ollie into some stuff.

I learned most spins flatground first. Like when I was learning 180s, I would always have trouble with f/s, but then I tried it b/s on flatground and can do them perfect now. So I would suggest trying 180s f/s and b/s on flat first to see which one is easier for you and which one is more comfortable. I would then take it to like a small table, try it over and over until I was comfortable with it, then I would take it to something bigger.

Maybe that explains why my fs spins are garbage...

It's all personal. I know some people who can only spin FS off their toes and vice versa. Spinning FS off your heels feels more natural for most, but popping off your toes eliminates shushing off the lip. It's a little harder to learn, at first, but once you grasp the concept of popping opposite of your "turn" it's super fun. Right now front 270s off my toes is probably my favorite trick just becuase it feels so much different from spinning them off my heels.

It's all personal. I know some people who can only spin FS off their toes and vice versa. Spinning FS off your heels feels more natural for most, but popping off your toes eliminates shushing off the lip. It's a little harder to learn, at first, but once you grasp the concept of popping opposite of your "turn" it's super fun. Right now front 270s off my toes is probably my favorite trick just becuase it feels so much different from spinning them off my heels.

When I do FS 270's i always spin off my toes.. It feels like i have alot more control when spinning onto a rail.

oh and imagine popping off your heel's for a bs spin... weeeiird

When I do FS 270's i always spin off my toes.. It feels like i have alot more control when spinning onto a rail.

oh and imagine popping off your heel's for a bs spin... weeeiird

It definately makes you feel more "open" to the rail, but I'm still trying to get over my fear of bashing the shit out of my knee again. A few weeks ago I was hard way 270ing onto a down rail with a ollie to it and caught my tail. My knee still doesn't feel anywhere near 100% (maybe 60%) so I'm trying to take it easy right now.

Oh, and spinning BS onto rails off your heels is AWESOME. I learned back tails/back lips off my heels the other day and it's just as fun as toe-edge FS spins, if not more so.

Oh, and spinning BS onto rails off your heels is AWESOME. I learned back tails/back lips off my heels the other day and it's just as fun as toe-edge FS spins, if not more so.

How in the world do you spin bs off your heels? Talk about catching an edge. Also I was jsut talking about spinning of bs on your heels off jumps.. Hmm perhaps ill give it a go this weekend.

For me at least i tryed bs 3's first and i would just go up to the jump like pretty slow and just like go like toeside edge all the way and just wind up a little bit ....bs 3's are fairly easy to learn its just scary to do like bs 180s and stuff....if ur still working on 180's to do those frontside landing switch is remarkable easy....u can't really get hurt doing spins i'm serious haha i try and throw fives off the first booter on sidewinder and constantly fall and get up haha i guess u can get hurt

For me I just try spinning on the ground first. Like 1s and 3s. Then I started spinning on small jumps, and then stepped it up to big ones.

Freestyle walking, nipples was and is jibbing off anything he could find on hard land - The Idigo Board for balance and getting tail and nose grabs. Trampoline teaches you body awareness of where to look.

Nah, i got better things to spend 400 bucks on. I'll just have to mess around with spinning more.

They have a day rate!! You do not have to join the whole program - Message Skier150 for more information, seems to me if you are hung up then set it up to spend a day with them..