BC Showdown Comments

snorovr

As a spectator,I thought the comp was rather boring.I think BC could have done a better job.A course that only consisted of four features?They have a rainbow,reverse rainbow,rollercoster,down box,kink rails....why didn't they use any of these?The course could have been way longer w/more features.They should have run it down Black bear park.Props to all the riders but BC should have made it better.

yeah i dont think cascade favors spectators.

hey justin, im not sure u understand what the comp was for, it was susposed to be small. It was susposed to be a little style jump, and we didnt really expect anyone to try and even do a big trick on it, i think the course was fine, i had no problem with the lips being the way they were, and i like the ollie on set ups my self but it wouldnt work for a contest with 130+ people. too much pop or not, u guys did fine, last time i checked we change our lips every few days, i guess it wasnt ur favorite in the contest, sorry, but yea id have to agree with dorsey that once we have snow, it will be beyond insane over here

it seems like alot of blue riders are taking advantage of the last 2 weeks and milking the whole blue is better than bear (for once) thing for as long as they can. i welcome the shit talking because once we get some white stuff i'll feel sorry for those guys MUAH hahahhhaHAahaHAaahaaaaaaaaaa.

bear is making snow all day today from what i hear so hopefully they can do some work on their park. the website says that its closed so hopefully that means they are blowing and working on it now. from what boyer and andy have been saying its gonna be pretty sick once they get everything out

i dont think so

bear creek riders stay true to our mountain like they are doing now even if there is no snow

actually i have been skiing with a lot of kids that work at Nestors who usually ski at Bear. but you are right, nothing is going to change.. they will still get passes to Bear because once they get their park up and running it will be crazy.

Blue is better than bear....haha seriously bear has the worst runs ever.....and blue park is sick this year and bears is just the same as it every was (alusion to talking heads)....sry blue has caught up to bears park...and u can't say its not having enough snow because bear and blue are recieving pretty much the same amount of snow.... :nana

Alot of Bear Creek riders are going to be buying Blue passes for next season...that's my prediction :rock

Doug, please try to keep on topic. This thread has morphed into another of your blue threads..

Could someone split it and rename it " I love Blue" Thanks!

you cant seriously believe that what they had set up for the comp last night was better what Blue has now. a 10ft table? be real son.

If you read what I wrote...son...you would see that I said Blue has better jumps. Which would be expect since they were able to blow more snow early in the season and have more snow on the trails.

have you been to Blue since three years ago?

Again if you would read you would see that I said I was there last week.

All I'm saying about Blues park is that with the snow they have they could have a much better setup. Sure they have some decent sized tables, but the rails aren't very good, the run lines aren't great, and the overall setup could be changed up every now and then.

imo, we shouldnt be fighting about this. everyone can be proud of their mountain and thats cool, but we all love the park and should just shill out. and i think a little freindly competition between mountains is good, it will push them to progress, but its nothing to realy get ANGRY over. everybody will always have their own opinion, but hey thats what makes life cool. how boring would it be if everybody thought the exact same thing. parks probably wouldnt even exist.

so spread the love.

live to ride, ride to die.

Blue is better than bear....haha seriously bear has the worst runs ever.....and blue park is sick this year and bears is just the same as it every was (alusion to talking heads)....sry blue has caught up to bears park...and u can't say its not having enough snow because bear and blue are recieving pretty much the same amount of snow.... :nana

They may be gettin the same amount of snow but because Blue is on the other side of that Giant ridge (which happens to make a great natural barrier to air flow) they tend to have colder temperaturs by a couple degrees. This can make a huge difference in how much snow they have/keep.

I am also very interested in what the park is like now. Their webcam seems to be down and I want to know if they set anything cool up with the new snow they just blew.

Oh yeah, and from skiing around here and at Bear, we have so so so much more snow up here. The snow didn't even extend to the ends of the trails last time I was there, let alone have enough for some big jumps. A lot of the jumps that they had melted too. Thats the problem with everything being about 8 degrees warmer down there. They can't make snow when Blue/CB can.

honestly... i could care less which park is better (even though it would be nice for Blue to have the better park for bragging rights! haha). they are both going to be sick and are going to continue to get progressively better. as long as they are both good and keep pushing each other to go bigger and better i wont have any complaints.