BB park

nick

just got back from big boulder for the first time ever. It was ok. I was actually suprised with how fun the small park was but kinda dissapointed with the big park. Almost all the rails were unhittable due to one reason or another, run ins icey, steepness, rails coated in ice. The jumps would have been decent except for the fact that they had no lip and no landing. I tried to carve out the one lip but it was too much snow to move with just my board. I think they could really make it fun with a little bit of work. I dunno what kinda park crew they have there if any, but if anyone from the park crew up at big boulder reads this im not critacizing you and the job your doing b/c its actually pretty good. Hit me up with a reply though if you do read this.

On Sunday I went to BB for the first time. I was impressed with the small park, it had some sweet jibs. They were blowing snow on the big park so it needed some maintenance, especially the two jumps, but it still looked good. The urban feature at the end of the big park has a big dropoff at the end. Overall I was impressed with the parks and will come back again. I was surprised at how small the actual mtn was and that it offered little riding, but the parks are very nice.

I have a season pass for JF/BB and rarely go to BB, only when I can't get to JF. If you've never been to JF, it's worth going, because you can get a whole day ticket that is good for both JF and BB. JF has a bunch of decent trails for riding, including one that has three headwalls. :yes

Edited by bigdaddyk

• 2 weeks later...

for that urban staircase at boulder, actually both, the landings really arent the best, when i hit either one you deck out onto complete flat, im sure crew will take care of it sooner or later

The urban staircase box is really hard to judge. First time i hit it, i completely aired over the box, right to flat. You have to go uncomfortably slow to get it right. I was there today. The big park was awesome-soft snow, good takeoffs, good landings. Wasn't really liking the rails in there. The little park is fun, some gap-on, some ride-on. The beginner park is retarded (jib alley). What a waste of a trail! They should throw some smaller jumps and rails/boxes in there instead.

Well, they used to have a pipe where jib alley is now, or so i think. They didn't have anything in there last year, and this year they have the beginner jibs. Seriously, it's like 2x6 steel capped off, and laid on the ground. I don't know how that helps anyone learn- go to a box. If they put in fan guns, and dug out the trail, they could have a decent pipe there.

i was just visiting pa a week ago and went to jf/bb a couple times it was prety fun but i was just wondering was it just me or does anyone else have problems with the paint on the rails at jf coming off and staining your clothes i ended up having this orange tint to my pants that i cant get out

i was just visiting pa a week ago and went to jf/bb a couple times it was prety fun but i was just wondering was it just me or does anyone else have problems with the paint on the rails at jf coming off and staining your clothes i ended up having this orange tint to my pants that i cant get out

Happens at all mountains.

Also how big of jumps does BB have up right now, i will be up tommorow.

Ill be there filming. Tannenbaum park unfornately will be closed due to the next x snow comp. Boulder park has a nice kink, a jump big enough for me to 7 on, the 2nd jump big enough to switch 5 and a fdfd rail, titantic rail, and the other ruban staircase.

You're not supposed to fall :nana j/p (i shouldn't talk haha)

Ill be there filming. Tannenbaum park unfornately will be closed due to the next x snow comp. Boulder park has a nice kink, a jump big enough for me to 7 on, the 2nd jump big enough to switch 5 and a fdfd rail, titantic rail, and the other ruban staircase.

Did i see you up there today? I saw some skier guy throwin 7s-his friend was filming. :confused

mine are like that too. Today on the bb trail map says Big Boulder terrain park is close for rebuilding!!!! WOOHOO finally cheesewedge booters!!!

awhattttttttttttttt

ayayyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gonna be sik when i go up this friday, they were tellin be about the cheesewedge bootas and not to mention that cbox setup they are gonna do up cheaa

I noticed red streaks on the bottoms of stevens skis last night.. Gurp you might mention to Huff that of all the places we have been to, I have yet to see paint stuck the bottom of his skis.. No biggie, but thought worthy of mentioning.

I always get black marks here and there. Nothing serious though, comes out with spray 9 and scotchbrite.

one of my friends broke her wrist yesterday in the bb park by. she can hold it down on jumps, but shes not a very experience slider and was flying into the feature. it wasnt a bad fall but just the freak landing that did it.

Just out of curiosity, which box/rail did she fall on?

Just out of curiosity, which box/rail did she fall on?

i believe she said it was the silver flat box with no sides. its pretty basic, and she misjudged it and was just zooming in then broke the fall with her wrists.

Edited by skitzo

im a pretty basic rail slider, but speed always makes things easier for me. of course, theres a limit, and when you slide fast, you need to know how to handle it. the bad thing is she has a utah trip coming up so i hope she get clearance to get out there.