Whistler or Tremblant?

sexkitten

We are planning a Canada trip and can't decide between Whistler and Tremblant. Anyone here have an opinion (about these two mountains)? Thanks.

Depends on time of year and what type of scene/conditions you like... Whistler for sure, just make sure they have snow.. last year was bad. They are finally getting snow now. When are you planning your trip? I would post a video from a summer snow camp, but.... I'm not allowed to.... :devil:

I have been to both places and enjoy both of them, but for different reasons. Tremblant is smaller than W/B, both in terms of the village and the mountains. I like Tremblant for a weekend away, while W/B requires a longer stay, because it takes longer to get there.

Tremblant is eastern skiing, which can be icy cold and icy skiing/riding. W/B is low elevation pacific coast skiing, which can mean wet snow and fog.

At the moment, it has been puking snow at W/B, making up for last year. Tremblant has been dealing with the same lousy eastern weather that we have experienced.

If the cost difference doesn't matter and weather conditions don't change dramatically between now and when you leave, I think your only choice is W/B.

We are looking to go the late February, but if the weather doesn't get better we may postpone till next year. Do you guys think that Killington is a better choice than the canada mountains? We may go there instead, since I've never been.

P.S. I am not a guy, I am a 5'10" blonde GIRL.

Edited by sexkitten

We are looking to go the late February, but if the weather doesn't get better we may postpone till next year. Do you guys think that Killington is a better choice than the canada mountains? We may go there instead, since I've never been.

P.S. I am not a guy, I am a 5'10" blonde GIRL.

Killington will give you more bang for the buck. We will be there first week of march. If you decide to do Killy end of Feb - post some reports!!

This week's weather has nothing to do with what'll be happening in late Feb. And, yes, I'd avoid KMart like the plague for what you are likely looking for. Okemo, S'Bush, Jay Peak, Smuggs, or Stowe...any over KMart. And Gore in NY, or anything in NH.

"Bang for your buck" :D

watch sexkitten be a...

Until I see proof, I'm totally convinced of that.

To all of the doubters, if I was a guy you would know right away because all of my posts would be me bragging about my skills. The other dead giveaway would be that I would spell skills "skillz". Back to the topic, do you all really feel that a trip to "K-Mart" is a waste. Lots of other people have told me to pass it up and do Okemo instead. I just wonder if Killington is like Disney, not the best, but still a "must do" in life. What do you think?

P.S. Red Lobster? I am not worthy. Besides my favorite date activity is hard to do on a full stomach.

Edited by sexkitten

I just wonder if Killington is like Disney, not the best, but still a "must do" in life. What do you think?

ah yep... Not trying to sound whats the word? (I'm sure Ski and doug can find something derogatory to call me) but based on the question at the start of your thread. Do Killington first. Then you guage other "big trips" against it as time goes on. No doubt there are "better, nicer" places you could start with, but you risk everywhere else potentially being a let down in the future as time goes on. Personal favorites - ParkCity, Vail, Steamboat, Breck, South Tahoe in that order. Great skiing, great towns. Killington is going to have more to offer including crowds compared to other Vermont locations.

1 week in the poconos was how we started. Then vermont for a week, then west for a week. Now we do 2 weeks out west progressing to snow cat tours and talk of hiking cornices. ugghhh

BTW - who is we? The people you go with can help or hinder the experience of a ski trip. Like if you don't like rapping and karaoke. Don't go somewhere with someone like that to a place that doesn't have that to offer, otherwise you will end up being the audience for a whole week.

Or don't go to a place with a racer that has mostly back bowls and tree skiing and gets epic dumps of snow. Give them east coast ice, which only a racer can appreciate. Best of luck!

Caught the bang for the buck did ya ski? :P

KMart has everything, including the crowds. Blue's Challenge and Razor's really are terrific slopes, but give me a shorter headwall slope that is empty. That's just my preference.

If you want to ski and party with lots of people, then hit KMart. If you want a cool ski experience, then go someplace else. There are so many option in New England, I just can't imagine picking the absolute busiest, most crowded place to go, unless I was also looking to hook up at night.

And DOUGLAS, Zonked and I are just buds, so you and are going to have to find out if he's a girl on your own. He/she does make some good points---I'm starting to lean toward girl. But that's NOT her in the pic. No possible way.

PS Sexkitten:

Even though we're being either a little mean or a little perv, we do appreciate your attitude and welcome you here wholeheartedly.

But the girl thing is still sketchy.

No advertising here, I been bought and paid for for 7 years now. As for the ski stuff, thanks for all the imput. We have decided to do Poconos and New York this year, so if the weather doesn't cooperate we aren't out too much. Next year will be Vermont and Canada and 2007 will be our out West year. I love the challange of East coast conditions, so West coast is not a priority, though I hear it changes your outlook on skiing. Ice is my friend. To Shadows: Poles just create drag and slow you down. The only time they are useful is to poke people who have fallen getting off the lift.