Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series competitions this weekend

BadMrFrosty

Here are the details for the MASS comp this weekend at Bear Creek. Registration takes place each morning from 7:30-8:30am. Participants must have a USASA license ($60) and pay a $20 bib deposit to enter. Also, competitors will need a valid Bear Creek season pass or lift ticket. (Lift tickets will be available for a discounted cost to competitors.) Practice takes place from 9am-9:45am and the competition starts at 10am and lasts until about 5 or so.

Black Bear Park will be closed Saturday during the Slopestyle competition.

The halfpipe will be closed on Sunday (and possibly on Saturday to prepare it for Sunday's comp.)

If you have additional questions about the competitions, visit the MASS website or call 570-643-3128.

Here are the details for the MASS comp this weekend at Bear Creek. Registration takes place each morning from 7:30-8:30am. Participants must have a USASA license ($60) and pay a $20 bib deposit to enter. Also, competitors will need a valid Bear Creek season pass or lift ticket. (Lift tickets will be available for a discounted cost to competitors.) Practice takes place from 9am-9:45am and the competition starts at 10am and lasts until about 5 or so.

Black Bear Park will be closed Saturday during the Slopestyle competition.

The halfpipe will be closed on Sunday (and possibly on Saturday to prepare it for Sunday's comp.)

If you have additional questions about the competitions, visit the MASS website or call 570-643-3128.

Ok thanks.... I guess it is off to blue. There Park is kind of crappy right. Haven't been there in the day.

is it worth goin up there?? i havent been up since last year and i was not impressed at all. I have heard they have made some huge improvements, but i cant imagine with the weather that conditions are any better up there then they are here at the creek. I was thinkin about goin up there tonight with a couple of my boys but i havent decided. some one let me know

is it worth goin up there?? i havent been up since last year and i was not impressed at all. I have heard they have made some huge improvements, but i cant imagine with the weather that conditions are any better up there then they are here at the creek. I was thinkin about goin up there tonight with a couple of my boys but i havent decided. some one let me know

i have gone up everyday for the last week and it was been great every day. if you are going to ski the park dont go at night because no mountains park in PA is good at night because everything turns to ice. but if you go up during the day it is always perfect. i'm going up after my lab around 2:30 so hopefully its good for a few runs before highschoolers and ski clubs start to roll in.

and yes, it is 100% better than last year

i have gone up everyday for the last week and it was been great every day. if you are going to ski the park dont go at night because no mountains park in PA is good at night because everything turns to ice.

Don't be too sure about that! Nipples tore BC up last night and while the park was showing plenty of wear and tear, for him he rated it better than Blue. Remember the temps are significantly warmer at BC

Don't be too sure about that! Nipples tore BC up last night and while the park was showing plenty of wear and tear, for him he rated it better than Blue. Remember the temps are significantly warmer at BC

yeah and they can have fun trying to keep a park open longer than other mountains with those "significantly warmer" temps.. so tell him to enjoy it now until it closes and then come to Blue

yeah and they can have fun trying to keep a park open longer than other mountains with those "significantly warmer" temps.. so tell him to enjoy it now until it closes and then come to Blue

The "word" last night was to blow extra deep as soon as conditions permit. who closed first last year? I don't remember.

its also 20 dollars to enter the contest

ive been in the series for a year and in my opinion its not worth it unless ur doing the whole series

Agreed, you have to be serious about it or want to get serious. It is the closest equivelent with a point system that caters to freestylers on a national level to the USSA which is primarily ski racing. USASA is snowboarding primarily.

damn.. i just got the thumbs up from my doctor to start riding again fulltime (broke my wrist last year, had surgery - bone graft - recently).. but i guess this won't be the weekend i get to put my pass to use, if the park's gonna be closed off to the public :'(

Go on Sunday, only the pipe will be closed.

BC's website says when and what parks will be closed

"On Saturday, January 28, Black Bear Park will be closed during the day. Cascade Park will remain open. The Halfpipe will be closed on Sunday, January 29, and possibly on Saturday January 28 as well."

"during the day" - Big frame of time there. Also, "Possibly on Saturday" is kind of vague.

I'm just.. Excited in anticipation of finally starting my season in PA, a month and a half late..

The set up for the contest is amazing. It makes me wish i was in usasa just so i could ride it bright and early tommorow. Its the double hit on the top kicker and then on the second kicker its a double hit but on the very right side they have a 30 ft flat rail. To the left of the kicker set up they have the red rail set up urban style and after the kicker you have your choice of 3 of the nicest rails. Rainbow on the right, upside down rainbow in the middle and gap rail on the left. If you wanna check it out for yourself go onto www.skibearcreek.com and click on the interactive web cam link. The park looks sick. I cant wait to ride it. Hope fully they open it tommorow after the competition. If they dont i think i might die.