STOLEN

beachiegirl2ski

make sure you check or lock your equipment up!!

make it a good lock ... my friend had his board stolen and it was locked.. He had one of thoes thin wire locks and it was probablly cut.

This year i picked up a thick somewhat like a bike lock .. i reccomend a thick lock

make it a good lock ... my friend had his board stolen and it was locked.. He had one of thoes thin wire locks and it was probablly cut.

This year i picked up a thick somewhat like a bike lock .. i reccomend a thick lock

Something else they're doing, they have a pretty good camera setup, if stuff gets stolen and they can find the responsible parties on video they play it over and over on one of the TVs in the lodge asking for info. Hopefully it will cut down on the number of thefts at BC. I have heard of stuff being stolen from out of the Ski School room.

i think im going to start with the thick bike lock idea as well. at single lodge pocono mountains, its even better than a portable lock.

Something else they're doing, they have a pretty good camera setup, if stuff gets stolen and they can find the responsible parties on video they play it over and over on one of the TVs in the lodge asking for info. Hopefully it will cut down on the number of thefts at BC. I have heard of stuff being stolen from out of the Ski School room.

his got stolen at hunter i think ..

people that steal other peoples equipment are scumbags !

B0006D3V98.01-A2WPO7TY775WEV._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

lock i got at pelican for 15 bucks

pr-Winter_Accessories-Snowjam_Snowboard_Combo_Leash_Lock-resized200.jpg

friends lock that got cut

ski school room isn't too safe. i know a pair of skis were stolen from there last year and i had my personal(not uniform) jacket stolen from in there last season as well. thin locks suck, gotta go with a good thickness bike lock for sure or use the ski check when it's open.

im talking a full on bike lock like http://www.bicyclesource.com/images/gorgon-lock.jpg . i remember having one like that, and i need to find it for tomorrow.

Here's the deal with locks, they will stop someone who would walk by and pick up your gear, but someone who is out to steal can cut any of the cable locks pictured in seconds. Not wire cutters mind you, but cable cutters. I have a pair of twenty dollar bicycle cable cutters that will snip one of the kryptonite locks in two snips, at a couple seconds a snip its very quick. Before anyone asks why I know this, I have worked in bike shops for many years and we regularly have people who have lost their key/combo and need locks cut off.

If your wondering, Ulocks can be broken very quickly, and Kryptonite had an issue with older locks being able to be picked with a bic ben body.

If your wondering, Ulocks can be broken very quickly, and Kryptonite had an issue with older locks being able to be picked with a bic ben body.

that video clip of someone bic picking was pretty surprising. those locks were replaced free of charge.

I just saw on channel 10 news that there are alot of skis and snowboards going missing. They said that at BC this is happening alot! Its the only mountain that they mentioned. They did say that the mountain has increased security.

make sure you check or lock your equipment up!!

Channel 10 was at BC yesterday talking to people about it.

Hmm.... can't someone just take your bindings off?

It woudl be hard to be standing there unscrewing bindings to a board locked to a rack. It would deffinatly raise an eyebrow or 3. Plus it goes back to is it easier to steal a unlocked board that you can grab and be gone, or one where you have to break a lock with?

Speaking of ski and board check, Camelback doesn't have that. I wouldn't be suprised if most thefts happen at Camelback. Why doesn't Camelback have a ski and board check, like Blue and Bear has? I am mad at them because they don't have that check :banghead:banghead .

blue mountain had a buttload last year.

Blue mountain was, and always will be the place to go to get your skis stolen. Even with the ski check I hear they are still averaging like 5 pairs stolen every 'shift', which I assume is 8 hours. I know the night before the race they had 9 pairs stolen :o

Blue mountain was, and always will be the place to go to get your skis stolen. Even with the ski check I hear they are still averaging like 5 pairs stolen every 'shift', which I assume is 8 hours. I know the night before the race they had 9 pairs stolen :o

gheez what are they doing eatin them?

his got stolen at hunter i think ..

people that steal other peoples equipment are scumbags !

-No better way to put that.

Hmm.... can't someone just take your bindings off?

I guess it would be harder for me- i have drake bindings, with the disc covers. (it's only 2 more screws, but that's 2 more than a regular board. Oh man, and what if you have a burton!? That's two less!)

I have an older bike lock that i thought of using. At blue and boulder, i use the ski/board check. At camel, i use the $.75 board lock.