PARA J4 Standings

Papasteeze

Okay there is more info up. They have shaded the top 16 -

Questions:

I assume those top 16 are in the Derbies?

Explain the "Top 3" column at the far right.

Ridge will be in Breck 2/12 - If he races well at BLue, mathematically it doesn't seem that that should hurt him from being "invited" to the Derbies??

http://www.paracing.org/mambo/index.php?op...d=337&Itemid=46

Okay there is more info up. They have shaded the top 16 -

Questions:

I assume those top 16 are in the Derbies?

Explain the "Top 3" column at the far right.

Ridge will be in Breck 2/12 - If he races well at BLue, mathematically it doesn't seem that that should hurt him from being "invited" to the Derbies??

http://www.paracing.org/mambo/index.php?op...d=337&Itemid=46

The top 3 is the one less than half the races thing. 8/2=4 -1=3 They look at the positions for the best races and add up those WC points. So Ridge has 104 points. I'd say he can miss two races as long as he does well enough in the others. But you might want to worry about Turko having another 40 point finish. And Leneveu is low because he missed a race.

Edited by sibhusky

ok, well that is great news then.. All he needs to do is hold together his runs at Blue on Sunday. I may move him back to his "old" skis for that reason...

I believe he took nearly a 1/2 a second off on a 20 second course with his new sticks, if he doesn't need to race to win to qualify for the Derbies then he should hold back so that he doesn't wipe out and blow the invite.

BTW TURKO has a sister and had the fastest SL time on the first race of everyone (including boys) last saturday!!!

Edited by Papasteeze

• 3 weeks later...

Ridge will be racing at Roundtop this weekend for the State Title as 1st year J4 - If he does well, he may be invited to race in some other regional events. It is an interesting format using all 5 races combined.

Congratulations!

You have qualified to participate in this year's 2006 GMVS/PARA J-IV/J-V Derby. This weekend event will be held at Ski Roundtop February 25 & 26, 2006.

If you cannot participate, notify your PARA Regional Chair immediately!

The results from the races at this event will be used to select the following:

PARA J-IV/J-5 State Team

J-IV/J-V Future Stars Camp (Camp/GS)

GMVS, Sugarbush

Sugarbush, VT

March 17-19, 2006 (March 16th Whistler Cup Shootout)

Francis Piche Invitational (Training/GS)

Gunstock Ski Club

Gunstock, NH

March 17-18, 2006

ALL RACERS QUALIFYING FOR POST SEASON EVENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE THEIR INVITATIONS AND PAY FEES FOR THESE POST SEASON EVENTS AT THE CLOSE OF THE AWARDS CEREMONY!

Qualification for post -season events will be determined by New World Cup Points based on the TOTAL OF THE FINISHES OF ALL FIVE RUNS as determined by circumstances and conditions (weather, snow, etc.). (See PARA/USSA comp guides for explanation of New World Cup Points.)

I revived this thread for guesses on how he did. I am really proud of how he did compared with all of my gripes and an assumed lack of progresssion on my part.

About the top third from each PA division (4) were invited. there were 55 boys total. 2 SL races and 3 GS races. awards were for overall SL and GS and invites were based on on World Cup Points. He is a first year J4 in his first year on a ski team :rock

Congrats Ridge on 10th place in both Slalom and GS... :rock...thats top 20 percent....what what...Papacheeze should be very proud...

WOW news travels fast. Nice that you know people, huh?.. Now, what I would really like to know. Could you find out how he did in World Cup Points? I think he was 8th which sounds better for braggin rights.

Interesting that you put his results into a percentage DOUG, or do you have another name?! You guys are silly. 10th place out of 300+ PA J4/5 boys = 20%???? what is that you say??? what what? Go back to school and learn do your math!!! :rofl

I thought there were 50 racers....anyway he'll be sponsored by Atomic in no time. I saw the results in the top 10 stats.... :banghead:banghead:banghead Apparently kids at Jeffs school even know who Nipples is.

There are 151 boy J4/5's (not 300) in PA. Here's the breakdown:

Northeast: 58 boys

East: 28 boys

West: 24 boys

Central: 41

That's 151 boys.

SO what is your point Doug?

one minute it is 50 racers the next it is 151.. you forgot the developement teams... You are starting to sound exactly like that person who likes to hate on me that apparently now posts through you?

and to think that I have been called a tool! :rofl

everybody knows who nipples is. didn't you know that.

:yes:yes:yes killy in 2 more days

looks like a post was deleted: Here what was said.

Papasteeze have you ever been to Mi Chongs, they have great Pork fried rice and Won Ton soup and they give out free refridgerator magnets...check out www.michongs.com and you can print out a coupon. Also are you going to try to get up to Nastar at Blue mountain this Thursday? Or this Sundays PASR day at Blue? Keep it mad steezy yo.

No more Poconos for us this season... :( Ridge will be at Montage next weekend though. I'll be in Killington with Nipples for the NextSnow comp - he has a good shot at making Tony the Tigers' Frosted flakes team. I really think that you would be a good potential great flake for the team.

It'll be interesting to see the western Groms handle our East Coast errrrrr snow. :rolleyes:

Edited by Papasteeze