The real measure of the new owners

JollyJake99

Due to family illnesses & death, Feb 1st was my first day out. I was impressed by what I found despite the crappy weather of January. However, I don't think the coverage I saw will last to mid March. I'm wondering what the predicted impending cold snap will bring in terms of snow making. I hope the new owners will turn on the guns big time. Only time will tell where their hearts are.

P.S. I noticed that the "ski fence" on the access road is still intact. I would have bet that at least some of it would have been "removed".

Due to family illnesses & death, Feb 1st was my first day out. I was impressed by what I found despite the crappy weather of January. However, I don't think the coverage I saw will last to mid March. I'm wondering what the predicted impending cold snap will bring in terms of snow making. I hope the new owners will turn on the guns big time. Only time will tell where their hearts are.

P.S. I noticed that the "ski fence" on the access road is still intact. I would have bet that at least some of it would have been "removed".

they blow snow every day that they are able to blow snow--I don't see how it's a real measure of where their hearts are. people don't put up that kindof money and then not protect the investment.

they blow snow every day that they are able to blow snow--I don't see how it's a real measure of where their hearts are. people don't put up that kindof money and then not protect the investment.

The cold (enough to blow) weather will only last until early march.

If they want to stay open until late march / early april then they will have to put down a significant base once the temps allow.

If they really don't care how long they can stay open and are looking forward to opening c-beach again, they will just blow sporadically to keep the "100% open" tag, even if the snow cover and conditions are patchy.

I think they have done an awesome job of scraping along with the base they put down in december and as a business they must be quite pleased with themselves. However, their claim of 24-52" base looks a little sketchy when you cross bactrian on the lift.

How far along are you in your recovery???

doc says about a month left till i can do anything. as to what that "anything" means, not sure. im feeling good though, just cant really stretch my stomach much cause of the scar is still pretty fresh, like baby skin. i hope my internals are healing, i guess the docs are only worried about my spleen being damaged more. not sure about my intestine though.

Edited by Shadows

I bet ThinkSnow that Blue would be open on March 21st when he's back from Jackson. He thinks they'll be closed by then. 1992-93 they made April 5th and 1993-94 was April 10th. I like how they have the 1/2 price spring fling coupons to help keep the season going.

Those coupons are the first sign that winter is ending.

if they are open that late... i will be the happiest person. they can if the blow every chance they get. if they stay open that late i think it would bring a bunch of people to Blue for some late season skiing and would definately make people contemlpating getting a season pass to Blue get one for the upcoming season... i just hope they dont prematurely close like they did last year.

How much longer do you think they could have stayed open last season? I remember coverage and conditions being excellent closing day but I didn't drive up to see the snowpack after closing.

1 week with good coverage. 2 weeks with decent. possibly 3 depending on weather. i usually drove up on the weekends to check it out. the reason they closed is because they had banquets scheduled in the main lodge, it had nothing to do with snow. i just hope they dont make that same mistake.

I was there again on Monday and while they were running some of the guns on the east side during the day (very impressive in terms of supporting a longer season) the overall base reminded me of what I have come expect at the begining of a typical March under the former management. When the base got to this level in past years, they'd just roll up the hoses & coast on whatever was left. I would be very happy if I saw some attempt to rebuild the base that was layed down in December!