The Skidude Nastar Thread

Ski

So Missy, has he called? He was all cocky when he left, saying he wasn't nervous, but Park City just set a record for consecutive high temps...

~~~~

For the casual observer, Skidude is at Park City for the NASTAR Nationals. He'll take two runs Friday and two runs Saturday. Each run will have a handicap, or percentage he's slower than the pacesetter. They'll take the best handicap from each day and average it together.

Last year, there were only about six guys in the division he's racing in, so an Eastern skier that's used to crappy conditions has a decent shot, although The Dude is a heavy underdog.

A Top 3 will get him on the podium and big kisses and stuff from current and former US Ski Team racers.

~~~~

Yes, but some of my friends went to Nationals and planned to ski different areas before the race days, but decided the conditions sucked too bad to waste their time. They are just hanging out at the PC NASTAR course practicing instead...thought Dude might do the same.

It looks to me as if he's practicing. This from NASTAR web site:

Park City Mountain Resort Mar 24th, 2004

Course Time Handicap Medal

Daily Nastar Green 18.06 19.37 Gold

Yellow 17.63 19.53 Gold

Green 17.99 18.90 Gold

Green 18.17 20.09 Gold

Green 17.97 18.77 Gold

Green 18.18 20.16 Gold

Green 18.23 20.49 Gold

Edited by sibhusky

It looks to me as if he's practicing.  This from NASTAR web site:

Park City Mountain Resort Mar 24th, 2004 

Course                Time  Handicap    Medal 

Daily Nastar Green 18.06 19.37    Gold 

Yellow 17.63 19.53    Gold 

Green 17.99 18.90    Gold 

Green 18.17 20.09    Gold 

Green 17.97 18.77    Gold 

Green 18.18 20.16    Gold 

Green 18.23 20.49    Gold

ski dude and mom have definatly been practicing.....

hope they do well, though itll be hard with him skiing on Volkls :lol::lol:

well it looks like the conditions didn't make a difference, if i did it right, Adam was 3rd outa 7 for male 15-16 expert. I think this means he races tomorrow but i'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out if skimom raced, because her results arn't up yet, but who knows.

Jeez, Jib, I dunno...referring to him like that might be even more gaaaay. ANYWAY, I hope after he got off the podium he snuck out and got hammered. The Dude weaving down the PC sidewalk with a bottle in one hand and his bronze medal in the other, offering strange girls his autograph! Yeah, Baby!

Hey, the Dude is fair game from now on. He stuck two runs when guys were blowing out all around him. Cool stuff, for sure.

On the other hand, check out this crazy f*ing thread:

http://www.nastar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214&start=15

I actually felt like killing myself by the last paragraph.

Skidude skied like a Champion - Wish you could have seen him. :D The conditions were cra@@y.

His group got in a run on day 1 -> fifth.

On his first run, day 2, he excelled on CB (the run used in the Olympic GS race).

DNF'ed, falling down the entire headwall, and busted a ski during his second run. He got the Olympic team to sign it - everyone was really impressed! He will post pics - the bent ski is at least as cool as the medal.

I bombed, but that's life. We got a powder dump, and got to pow it up thru the trees on Sunday, which was great.

Edited by skimom