Better than Blue?

sexkitten

I have only been to Camelback once and can't remember the mountain at all. We haven't been back to CB because we are too far to do a week night and don't want to fight the weekend crowds. We took off Friday to ski and have been trying to decide on somewhere to go besides Blue. Do you guys think that CB's Blacks are better, steeper, harder at than the ones at Blue? Would you go to CB or Blue if you were us? Thanks in advance.

Edited by sexkitten

That is what we are thinking. If you read other forums you will see that I have asked about almost every mt. in the tri state area as well as the ones in VT. I suck. We just don't want to drive for hours, pay a small fortune and have a crappy time. We would almost rather ski a mountain we know.

for an all mountain experience and some variety i have to say CB is nicer. a lot more options, and it is nice how many different ways you can navigat your way down the mountain. the option of 2 quads is certainly nice because if one is busy odds are the other one isn't quite as bad. i like the double blacks at blue over the double black at cb. mainly because i fly down doubles so fast it is nice to have a little bit more vert. if your looking for terrain park go to blue. better food go to blue. cooler employees go to blue.

i'd say try CB though. i had a season pass there for 2 years and pretty much rode there for about 4 yrs. so it isn't all bad. i just hate giving their management money because they pissed me off WAY too many times. that and blue is closer for me from school. in my opinion blue is better though.

I go to both areas to mix up my experience. My sense is that Blue's runs are straighter down the mountain, while Camelback's meander a bit more like old school New England ski areas. I'm sure that everyone can point to trails at each area that belie my impression, but, hey, its my impression, not your's.

From Delaware, Blue is closer than Camelback.

I'll probably do Blue this weekend because I think they do a better job of blowing snow and I want to try the new directions people posted here.

• 4 weeks later...

from personal experience, the blacks are tougher at blue in m opinion. camelback isnt very steep and blue's razor's edge and challenge are much steeper and longer than the blacks at CB. i havent been to CB in a year and maybe it changed but the mountain at CB isnt as challenging anymore now that im not a beginner. blue isnt really challenging either but its better to drive 65 miles to blue mountain than drive 110 miles to CB.

dont get me wrong. i like CB and CB is always going to be my number 1 choice mountain in PA but its not worth the extra 50 mile drive and extra $15 for lift ticket. if they started offering student discounts on the weekend, i might head there once a year but theyre too cheap to do that. i wont pay $50 for a lift ticket unless im on a huge mountain in the northeast.

Edited by jsong83

from personal experience, the blacks are tougher at blue in m opinion. camelback isnt very steep and blue's razor's edge and challenge are much steeper and longer than the blacks at CB. i havent been to CB in a year and maybe it changed but the mountain at CB isnt as challenging anymore now that im not a beginner. blue isnt really challenging either but its better to drive 65 miles to blue mountain than drive 110 miles to CB.

dont get me wrong. i like CB and CB is always going to be my number 1 choice mountain in PA but its not worth the extra 50 mile drive and extra $15 for lift ticket. if they started offering student discounts on the weekend, i might head there once a year but theyre too cheap to do that. i wont pay $50 for a lift ticket unless im on a huge mountain in the northeast.

I also take all things into consideration. I take me about 65 minutes to get to CB and 80 minutes to get to Elk. Even though Elk is a little longer drive and the lifts are slower, I head to Elk because it's a bigger mountain and doesn't appear as commercialized as CB. Only down side is you have to go first thing in the morning, to get the most out of the runs, because only four trails are open at night.