new skis

sltrace

Hello! I have been racing this year but also just messing around skiing with friends, too. Ive been using some old Volkls but they are kids and old so I want some new ones. I want a versatile ski that I can maybe race in but also ski around mountains with because I go out east a lot to just ski around and have fun! Any tips? Im a 16 year old girl if that helps at all and I am a pretty good skier but not a great racer...

Hello! I have been racing this year but also just messing around skiing with friends, too. Ive been using some old Volkls but they are kids and old so I want some new ones. I want a versatile ski that I can maybe race in but also ski around mountains with because I go out east a lot to just ski around and have fun! Any tips? Im a 16 year old girl if that helps at all and I am a pretty good skier but not a great racer...

MisDemeanors!!! k2 Tru Luvs are good all around

Hmm.... a couple ideas:

Atomic LT:11's are like a GS Light ski. (Jeff, eat your heart out, I just recommended someone Atomics)

Some places even list them as a ladies race stock. Either way, they're a great all mountain ski as well.

Volkl Allstars are another fun ski, even tighter turns than the Atomics, and they're great anywhere on the hill. I have seen women racing on them in ASRA.

You could look into the Volkl Queen Attiva's as well. They're about the same ski as the Allstar, only made strictly for women.

I haven't skied a Rossignol race ski yet, but Rossi's tend to have a pretty forgiving flex pattern as well.

Just my two cents.

Well, I don't know how much she weighs, but I'm going to say since she's just beginning, it might be better off to start with a junior race ski (one step below the real thing). You can get things like a 158cm GS:11 or junior SL:11s. I think the LT might be a bit too much for someone just getting into racing....

I guess it all really depends on how strong of a skier she is. Jeff could be very right, since the LT's are a lot of ski. I would definitely not want to be on a junior race ski at 16 though. The flex is just way too weak. Even if it might be what she should be in now, skis are a significant investment. Jr. Skis would be below her level in a year.

I guess it all really depends on how strong of a skier she is. Jeff could be very right, since the LT's are a lot of ski. I would definitely not want to be on a junior race ski at 16 though. The flex is just way too weak. Even if it might be what she should be in now, skis are a significant investment. Jr. Skis would be below her level in a year.

Ridge is on junior race skis....

Ski999's wife skied on Atomic GS:11 junior skis for the longest time, and she's a lot older then 16 :)