pics of Shawnee Mountain from Camelback

emtp563

I cant believe I've never seen Shawnee from CB.

me neither :blink:

I never noticed it :huh: . It's amazing the scenery that you never take the time to look at because you are too busy :downhill:

There's no chance of that being Big Boulder????

It seems like it could be, with the lights- but i don't know-isn't boulder the other way? Way more to the left?

This is a crappy photo but you can see the west side of Hunter, NY way out in the distance from Camelback too.

1.) That's not Hunter.

2.) It's totally fake.

3.) You Photoshopped that fake piece of crap on to my image.

Nice try.

Here are a couple more:

camel_3.jpg

camel_4.jpg

Edited by emtp563

Yeah that one is fake (LOL--best I can do in -3 min), but you really can see the Catskills from the top of mountain on a clear day. Take a look the next time your up there on a clear day.

Yeah, I know- very far, very dim. It's seldom clear enough, though. You can actually see three states from the top. From the other side of Big Pocono, you can see Blue Mt. Ski area. If the Blue wasn't in the way, you would be able to see Bear Creek.

my favorite view from any ski area down here is at jack frost, on the double you take on east mtn and you turn around... you see the lehigh (however its spelled) river or something...it looks so awesome...especially if its snowing

Edited by megan.

I cant believe I've never seen Shawnee from CB.

It's obvious at night!

Going south on the Northeast Extension from say like Jack Frost you can see a ski resort in the distance. Is that CB?

Yes!

You can see Bear and blue from 476 south at night.. Blue can also be seen from 22 south of allentown

my favorite view from any ski area down here is at jack frost, on the double you take on east mtn and you turn around... you see the lehigh (however its spelled) river or something...it looks so awesome...especially if its snowing

It took a while, but after a while I noticed that and figured out why they called that slope "river shot." :idea

My crazy need to look at skiing websites made me look up alpine. Doesn't look half bad actually. 21 trails 10 top to bottom. Terrain park and halfpipe. Not sure on the vert but it doesn't look tiny. Looks like its doing pretty well. Pretty cool feature, they have 2 quads up to the summit.

Edited by Schifdawg