Park

Stevo

I'm too lazy/pressed for time, t olook through the posts. What can i expect in bear's park tomorrow- headed up for the first time ever. Just- what are the key features? Do they have that rollercoaster box still (was in the bearcreek gallery).

I'm too lazy/pressed for time, t olook through the posts. What can i expect in bear's park tomorrow- headed up for the first time ever. Just- what are the key features? Do they have that rollercoaster box still (was in the bearcreek gallery).

they have the sliding board up "which is not that good looking" they also have a triplerail the inverted and regular rainbow, the butter box and some desent hits in the middle section

We were there Monday afternoon. (today) All the jumps all small (20') but there are at least 30 different features to keep you entertained. The reverse rainbow is there. nice smooth rail.

Park was sick yesterday and they were blowing a bunch of snow. I'll be up there today around 3.

They are still blowing at BC? They really are shooting for April 15th. Do you all think they will make it? Someone should start a poll.

define "make it" ... I think as long as there is a hit with some coverage, then they will make it!

They are still blowing at BC? They really are shooting for April 15th. Do you all think they will make it? Someone should start a poll.

The blowers were on this morning when I checked the web cam. Plus I would put money on it getting cold again after this little warm spell coming our way.

Blue mountain is also still making snow although I'm thinking tonight might be the last night with snowmaking temps....If Bear stays open longer than Blue...I'll be there a few times...doing laps in the park and hitting up the black diamonds...any moguls under the lift on the right side of the hill?

Hahaha Bear having Diamonds!! Haha Sasquatch should be a blue its soo not steep at all and bear is pointless to go if your looking to get some good runs in! The only reason it stays oopen is cause of the terrain park

Got home from my first trip to bear today. I liked the park, for the most part, but it took me forever to get comfortable with-a lot of the rails seemed weird to me for some reason. I didn't try a lot today- just took it easy. It was a pretty nice night, except for icy-like conditions. The one thing i didn't like was this one box. It was flat/curve down/curve flat- it was so short- didn't touch the thing. I could keep talking about what i didn't like, or just leave it- the park is nice, and i'll be back again. After tonight, i realize that i couldn't have bear as my home mt. I'm all for park and everything- but good freeride is a must- blue's where it's at for me.

Blue mountain is also still making snow although I'm thinking tonight might be the last night with snowmaking temps....If Bear stays open longer than Blue...I'll be there a few times...doing laps in the park and hitting up the black diamonds...any moguls under the lift on the right side of the hill?

*rofl*

Got home from my first trip to bear today. I liked the park, for the most part, but it took me forever to get comfortable with-a lot of the rails seemed weird to me for some reason. I didn't try a lot today- just took it easy. It was a pretty nice night, except for icy-like conditions. The one thing i didn't like was this one box. It was flat/curve down/curve flat- it was so short- didn't touch the thing. I could keep talking about what i didn't like, or just leave it- the park is nice, and i'll be back again. After tonight, i realize that i couldn't have bear as my home mt. I'm all for park and everything- but good freeride is a must- blue's where it's at for me.

Yeah that rail is pretty weak. I hit it twice yesterday and probably won't hit it any more. There is nothing you can do on the thing.

Durning the day the conditions were awesome but they iced up a bit at night.

Did you hit it all?

I agree about that rail, but overall, I like BC's park more then Blue's. I spend most of my time at BC because it's closer, but you can't beat the vert that Blue has. For the best overall day, I'd have to give it to Blue. For just park and pipe BC has kicked ass this season! :rock