When will be Blue's last day? Let the arguing begin!

Old Geezer

hmmmm i mapquested it, maybe that was to one of hte mountain south. either way i remember thinking it was an easy enough drive but i should check it again

whoops, its an hour and a half from my house. 2 hours 1 minute from U Delaware according to mapquest.

bear creek is a little closer i believe, but i'm not sure by how much. Roundtop and Liberty are like an hour. Either way I'm thinking i need the vert. If i get a day with no classes (which i can probably pull off cuz i have like 20 credits already so i can pick my schedule ahead of the other freshmen) i can get up like 6am, drive up for the opening, leaving like 2 or 3 and be back in my dorm for dinner.

whoops, its an hour and a half from my house. 2 hours 1 minute from U Delaware according to mapquest.

bear creek is a little closer bu like 15 minutes it says. Roundtop and Liberty don't seem worth getting into a car for. Either way I'm thinking i need the vert of Blue becuase 1,000 feet is like my minimum. If i get a day with no classes (which i can probably pull off cuz i have like 20 credits already so i can pick my schedule ahead of the other freshmen) i can get up like 6am, drive up for the opening, leaving like 2 or 3 and be back in my dorm for dinner, and i know some guys from UDel do it already so i won't be alone.

It takes me an 1.5 hours, sometimes longer. Depending on conditions because the little jetta get blown around easily.lol It's a pretty boring drive all by myself, but at least I get to listen to whatever music I want too.

Edited by Zonked

Nothing cheap about Blue when it comes to the ski check, it costs them thousands of dollars a year to keep that open. The no tipping thing is so that people will use it and not feel obligated to pay anything.

It's free because they want people to use it. They had a problem with people stealing mainly boards two years ago and they were getting a bad rep.

Anyone remember the rent-a-cops they hired at first to watch the ski racks? Of course that didn't work so they went with the free ski check. That's great management if you ask me.

I've heard from several sources that Mountain Creek has a BIG problem with thefts. Have they done anything about? Lock your boards and skis if you go there!

the park was amazing today. probably the best it has been in a looong time. everything was setup perfectly and the jumps were decent because it wasnt too soft, but soft enough. they added a smaller jump up top but it sucks because its so windy and the landing isnt very steep... still fun though.. and they fixed up all of the other jumps. the down-flat-down has like a 6 foot gap onto it now and is setup perfectly.

Down flat down? What the hell, where is this? Or are you thinking of the flat down flat? Or did they flip it around or something? :confused

I like it because I don't need to carry a lock...do people really tip the cafeteria workers??? It's a cafeteria...do you think there is any chance that Blue will stay open later than the 26th??? I hope so..

I def. think they could make it another weekend, but i have my doubts. It would be soo cool though. Blue would be the first to open, and last to close.