ideas for camelback(winter)-cross posted from CB forums

4 more wars

Thats right, post them up. I think it would be best if we could all get together on this one. I don't really have the luxury of being able to complain as much as some people do. Let's keep it civil! Let's keep from nitpicking about the color of the lifts, price of drinks, etc... noone needs to even respond to other peoples lists of things. If you agree, put it on your list... don't respond to it. If you disagree, don't put it on your list--don't respond to it. Also, to those who had Season passes this year--you coming back next season, or going elsewhere?

Here's my short list(basically compiled from things I have heard and agreed with):

1. Dedicated Mogul Trail - A Dedicated Mogul trail would spend an entire year getting bigger and bigger, tougher and tougher. At the end of the season, you'd have some MASSIVE moguls.

2. New Expert Trails - I'll be honest, I find Cliffhanger to be lacking as far as Double Black is concerned. Just past Nile Mile is some seriously steep vert. I suggest a trail, complete with cliffs, drops, rocks, DANGER

3. Glades - Nothing beats nature when it comes to challenging terrain. They might not be open much, but some glades would definately be steezy

4. Quit closing half the mountain - How would you feel if you went to a movie theatre and the movie that you really wanted to see wasn't showing, because there were only 10 tickets sold. That half of the theatre was closed, due to unpacked house... nuff said.

5. Blow snow. Always. Even if you don't need to. Even if you don't want to. Even if there is an 80 inch base. Even if it's march. If Blue is blowing 10 inches of new snow, Camelback should be blowing 20. If blue isn't blowing snow, Camelback should be blowing 36!

6. Terrain Park - Initiate a park pass system. No beginners in the terrain parks without first showing they know what the hell smart-style is. Terrain should be more challenging. I'm sure that you could take a few cues from various local areas(which I won't call out by name, but I'm sure others can for me)

7. Boarder/skierCross course - Without going too far into it, that looks hella fun. I'd hate to have to go elsewhere to practice it, but I am definately interested in such a run at Camelback.

That's all for now, I'm surely in some kind of trouble now--but whatever. All of those would be great ideas for Camelback. I can't wait to hear some more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no matter how many ideas you come up with, we need to start with the basics...get CB to listen and act on those things. or at the very least, aknowledge us when we have ideas.

thats why we compile a list of things that people who ARE pass holders at Camelback are concerned about... not ONE person, but the entire group of people. on top of that, get POTENTIAL pass holders for next year involved in the scenario... ideas are only as important as the money that backs them...

I would suggest that 500 or so people with the same concerns, and posted ON the forums for the website, in addition to pushed to people in charge by the lower people at CB--things would get done. This isn't a suggestion box, this is a movement. I already know your beef with Camelback... assume for a second that it never happened, what else would you change, add, take away, etc..

thats why we compile a list of things that people who ARE pass holders at Camelback are concerned about... not ONE person, but the entire group of people. on top of that, get POTENTIAL pass holders for next year involved in the scenario... ideas are only as important as the money that backs them...

I would suggest that 500 or so people with the same concerns, and posted ON the forums for the website, in addition to pushed to people in charge by the lower people at CB--things would get done. This isn't a suggestion box, this is a movement. I already know your beef with Camelback... assume for a second that it never happened, what else would you change, add, take away, etc..

to start off with that bold section...

i highly doubt that CB gives 2 shits about passholders. and the ideas that we have are only as good as the money that backs them. thats the problem, they seem so stubborn and dont want to spend any money on things that we, the passholds, care about.

haha i encourage your enthusiasm, really...but look around man. people give suggestions to CB all the time. very good ones. theres been plenty of threads on that board about the terrain parks, theres even been a few group of like 5 or so people go up to management and make suggestions. almost the entire park crew has made plenty of suggestions. the fact is, for you to organize 500 season passholders when they really only sold like what, 1,000, is just not gonna work.

i am right there with you and this whole "movement" thing. theres been a few very large posts on that board chock full of suggestions and CB didnt even comment on it. they dont even care. this comes STRAIGHT from CB's board...

I have spent a lot of time in the parks and the pipe—and all the above would describe the times that I have spent in Laurel Glade and Rhododendron Glen.

thats from craig... the "above" mentioned that he talked about was how the parks have no real order, people are going and doing whatever they want, chaos.

they know damn well what needs to be done and what alot of passholders want done, but guess what, they dont do anything. and if they do actually do something, its extremely late and by that time people have lost interest and hope.

CB has its OWN board, it represents their mountain. people that go on that board are paying customers, alot are passholders. if they cant even aknowledge that they listen or have heard our suggestions, well, then screw that.

i dont mean this post to be an "youre an idiot, thats never gonna work" post

i am right there with you, no matter how i feel about CB and what not with my accident, thats irrelevant. i would like CB to do somethings and all, and ive made plent of suggestions to them. and now, im done trying to get them to answer us, thats it.

papa, i know you got stuff to say :)

Edited by Shadows

since we're on this whole cb park pics and what not...

i was just talking to stevo and i remembered this one pic they put up a lil while ago.

it had some little kid using the hippo as a jump, while in the bottom left of the frame, a mom and another little kid stood in font of a ski patroler with a camera haha.

Its from Camelback's daily pics.

That pretty much sums up their whole park problem right there. Even the head people at Camelback themselves, like rangers, have no idea what park etiquette is.

i think that person is like a "trainee"? for ski school or something

but youre right, they dont have a clue

this thread is for ideas on what camelback could add for next year...

preferably listed with numbers next to them and explanations... read what I wrote all the way up top... there is no need for actual discussion so much as ideas... throw them around, I assure you--I'll pass them to whomever I can.

this thread is for ideas on what camelback could add for next year...

preferably listed with numbers next to them and explanations... read what I wrote all the way up top... there is no need for actual discussion so much as ideas... throw them around, I assure you--I'll pass them to whomever I can.

There needs to be discussion about the ideas. You need to develop the ideas and develop solutions as well as expand and bring about new ideas. Just saying "I have this idea" and saying "I have an idea and how it should be implemented." are two very different things. Just telling Camelback that they should improve this or that won't do any good. It has been done many times before, and they don't care. The only way you can bring about change is if you can convince them that the change will be beneficial to them, in the case of CB make more money.

This is great to brainstorm ideas and to get organised, but if you want to change any thing you need to pick one problem any attack that. Prove to them that they want to change it and show that you have a ton of support from the people that they care about including the people who just make one or two trips from NY/NJ. If you want to force CB to change for the better I'll lend my support, but It's going to take a lot of work. Making a large corporation like CB change their policies is no small task.

There needs to be discussion about the ideas.

the first step is to COME UP WITH IDEAS... I don't wanna be the lone person, babbling in the desert.

I've posted IDEAS in a clear, ordered and CONCISE manner... if you note, thats all I asked of anyone else--and the only thing I haven't gotten, BTW.

In fact, all I asked, was for you to put some ideas down, in order of importance to you... whining and crying you can save for your momma.

the first step is to COME UP WITH IDEAS... I don't wanna be the lone person, babbling in the desert.

I've posted IDEAS in a clear, ordered and CONCISE manner... if you note, thats all I asked of anyone else--and the only thing I haven't gotten, BTW.

In fact, all I asked, was for you to put some ideas down, in order of importance to you... whining and crying you can save for your momma.

Assassin, you must realize, that this has been brought.on here and CB's MB over 100 times.I take it that Cb doesnt really care if its even on their own MB. This thread is just a waste, cuz everybody has been telling you things that are more important than listing stuff they need. First they need to learn to listen to locals talking about the basics, and then they have to know how to use this information. Then come up with ideas.

Edited by Sean

Assassin, you must realize, that this has been brought.on here and CB's MB over 100 times.I take it that Cb doesnt really care if its even on their own MB. This thread is just a waste, cuz everybody has been telling you things that are more important than listing stuff they need. First they need to learn to listen to locals talking about the basics, and then they have to know how to use this information. Then come up with ideas.

thank you sean, i typed all that crap for nothing i guess <_<

What I'm saying, is that one person saying this and another saying that won't get it done.

a large group of people, with CLEARLY WRITTEN, well thought out, and VERY concise ideas are what we need.

500 seperate posts will accomplish less than 1 good post, with a free flow of ideas. If we can combine all of our ideas, love for winter sports, and can somehow all tie that into camelbacks bottom line--THAT is what will affect change... so instead of COMPLAINING about things, lets get a list of things together to even begin to discuss...

after we get a list of changes that could be made, then we can discuss ideas for HOW those things could be improved. simply saying "this is broken wah wah wah" doesn't get anything done.

assume for a second that Camelback will be listening and that they will take your ideas and advice to heart(even if you know they won't, pretend that your opinion matters for one brief second)

I PERSONALLY want to know what your ideas are. I can't legitimately go to my superiors and say "this this this this and this are problems" and have no possible solutions, or no other people who have my back and can testify to said facts...

help me help you.

What I'm saying, is that one person saying this and another saying that won't get it done.

a large group of people, with CLEARLY WRITTEN, well thought out, and VERY concise ideas are what we need.

500 seperate posts will accomplish less than 1 good post, with a free flow of ideas. If we can combine all of our ideas, love for winter sports, and can somehow all tie that into camelbacks bottom line--THAT is what will affect change... so instead of COMPLAINING about things, lets get a list of things together to even begin to discuss...

after we get a list of changes that could be made, then we can discuss ideas for HOW those things could be improved. simply saying "this is broken wah wah wah" doesn't get anything done.

assume for a second that Camelback will be listening and that they will take your ideas and advice to heart(even if you know they won't, pretend that your opinion matters for one brief second)

I PERSONALLY want to know what your ideas are. I can't legitimately go to my superiors and say "this this this this and this are problems" and have no possible solutions, or no other people who have my back and can testify to said facts...

help me help you.

Since i dont usually need one but do we have a searchbar here?

nevermind, im done talking about this, have fun assassin

Shadows, or whatever you real name is... lets put it this way:

Me: Hi there, Art. I was wondering if I could have a word with you...

Art: Yea, sure man, whats up?

Me: I had some Ideas for Camelback... really, they aren't all my own--I belong to a community who is strongly invested in the mountains around here...

Art: yea, shoot.

Me: well, noone at this company cares about the customer, according to PASR...

Art: You're fired.

Me: but, I was only trying to help...

GET IT?

Done talking? Dude, you haven't STARTED posting anything... basically, you have told me I was wasting my time. YOU are wasting my time. I'm trying to get things done. I'm tired of having to explain away problems with Camelback to people, I'm tired of people explaining them away to me...

And if I could gather enough information and ideas, and methods for fixing said problems--WE COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN GOOD OR BAD TIME...

Policy doesn't change because one person wants it to, buddy--I need help convincing people--OR EVEN KNOWING THAT SOME PROBLEMS EXIST!!!

So assume for a second that someone at Camelback will actually listen... for this excercise, you will have to pretend to have faith that someone will care...

and GO!

Shadows, or whatever you real name is... lets put it this way:

Me: Hi there, Art. I was wondering if I could have a word with you...

Art: Yea, sure man, whats up?

Me: I had some Ideas for Camelback... really, they aren't all my own--I belong to a community who is strongly invested in the mountains around here...

Art: yea, shoot.

Me: well, noone at this company cares about the customer, according to PASR...

Art: You're fired.

Me: but, I was only trying to help...

GET IT?

Done talking? Dude, you haven't STARTED posting anything... basically, you have told me I was wasting my time. YOU are wasting my time. I'm trying to get things done. I'm tired of having to explain away problems with Camelback to people, I'm tired of people explaining them away to me...

And if I could gather enough information and ideas, and methods for fixing said problems--WE COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN GOOD OR BAD TIME...

Policy doesn't change because one person wants it to, buddy--I need help convincing people--OR EVEN KNOWING THAT SOME PROBLEMS EXIST!!!

So assume for a second that someone at Camelback will actually listen... for this excercise, you will have to pretend to have faith that someone will care...

and GO!

you heard him, youre fired, go away :lol

by the way. I do not represent the views and/or ideas of any member on PASR especially staff memebers...so when you say "according to pasr" you should just say, acorrding to shadows.

Edited by Shadows

no matter how many ideas you come up with, we need to start with the basics...get CB to listen and act on those things. or at the very least, aknowledge us when we have ideas.

Shadows, don't knock for someone for trying to make a change. However I tend to agree with you in a big picture scheme of things.

I only have one idea for change at CB.

Here is what it boils down to, It boils down to the new owner and the General Management. The GM at CB must be replaced, his personality is prevalent everywhere throughout the staff and policies at CB and it will continue to be, as evidenced by a letter that I recieved from him one month ago. To put things in comparison, the GM at another mountain would never ever speak or write to a pass holder the way he does. LEAVE RICH! Take you and your old school archaic stuff with skiforever to some private mountain... please. :rock

Shadows, don't knock for someone for trying to make a change. However I tend to agree with you in a big picture scheme of things.

I only have one idea for change at CB.

Here is what it boils down to, It boils down to the new owner and the General Management. The GM at CB must be replaced, his personality is prevalent everywhere throughout the staff and policies at CB and it will continue to be, as evidenced by a letter that I recieved from him one month ago. To put things in comparison, the GM at another mountain would never ever speak or write to a pass holder the way he does. LEAVE RICH! Take you and your old school archaic stuff with skiforever to some private mountain... please. :rock

There were deffinatly changes made this year, which is good. They had sweet bump runs, which is one thing that I know the new owner watned. I also know a week or 2 ago they were planning on staying open until atleast early april on the east side. (Told this by a sorce thats not a low level employee). However then the warm weather came, <sarcasim> Art went on a vacation</sarcasim> and Rich closed the place down for the week. They are changing slowly, and I feel that things would change quicker if he wasn't around, but stuff is still getting done.

im not really knocking on him. i know how he feels, i wanted to do the same thing he is, then reality hit me.

Yeah the reality is that there is one person who stands in the way. Look, don't give up and roll over. On the DL, I have been asked to hang in one more year. I probably will do that, based on all the positive comments I have heard repeatedly about the new owner. While changes can occur overnight, they typically don't.

Assassin is on the right track in my opinion. By gathering the vocal majorities' list of suggested improvements we all - including the weekender stand more to gain.

Yeah the reality is that there is one person who stands in the way. Look, don't give up and roll over. On the DL, I have been asked to hang in one more year. I probably will do that, based on all the positive comments I have heard repeatedly about the new owner. While changes can occur overnight, they typically don't.

Assassin is on the right track in my opinion. By gathering the vocal majorities' list of suggested improvements we all - including the weekender stand more to gain.

BTW - this is a great forum and the PA mountains all read nearly everything here as do a multitude of other influential people who never log on. Trust me, they know what's being said.

By gathering the vocal majorities' list of suggested improvements we all - including the weekender stand more to gain.

BTW - this is a great forum and the PA mountains all read nearly everything here as do a multitude of other influential people who never log on. Trust me, they know what's being said.

Thats all I'm trying to do. Weekenders only come like once or twice a year, that is ONE shot. People spend their disposable income at Ski Resorts... and for about 80% of the weekenders, this would be a FIRST TIME. I know that there are a ton of problems, and can personally say that I got about a thousand complaints a day at my low-end job at Camelback... I know what it's like to be jaded and to not want to hear it.

Camelback doesn't want to sift through 300 search results to fix problems. A carefully worded, thought out and planned letter, along with a presentation(even sitting and having a beer with the owner, for Godsakes) could solve a lot more problems than anyone knows. The new owner is a really cool guy, and I've heard about a lot of cool ideas they had for Camelback. Lots changed for the better this year!

It's just that I've heard about a lot of passholders not coming back, or I hear nothing but complaints from visitors who are passholders at Blue, etc(doug comes to mind)

Like I said, assume that they will listen to you. I did a lot of debating and "social engineering" when I was younger, I can be pretty persuasive and give a good presentation, and when it comes to the "bottom line" I can show them that these changes will bring(or KEEP AROUND)money.

I want to make changes, and all I'm asking for is a little less complaining, and a few ideas that are posted like mine were... hell, I pretty much could get fired for even making that post on the CB forums. I really just want to improve my home mountain, afterall--I live like 5 miles from there.

hell, I pretty much could get fired for even making that post on the CB forums. I really just want to improve my home mountain, afterall--I live like 5 miles from there.

They are listening, if they were smart they would promote you now! Are you listening CB? you have someone truly interested and passionate. :yes