Blue in the News

Ski

Local

(AP)- Construction contract delays and a change in architectural firms have put the Blue Mountain Ski Area 2006-'07 season in jeopardy, according to mountain spokesperson Lawrence Reynolds.

"We had a timetable to begin construction on numerous projects, but our contracts with Uehberling Brothers likely won't be signed until mid-June," said Reynolds, during a telephone interview last night. "And another problem that needs resolution is with the architects. We need to send it back to open bids and that will put us months behind schedule."

Reynolds worries that next ski season might be delayed, or even lost altogether.

"The new Valley Lodge needs to be complete and open for business before we can open the slopes," explained Reynolds, referring to the new lodge at the base of the mountain, planned for replacing the current run-down structure. "We simply won't be insured for guests on our slopes until all heavy equipment is packed up and gone."

"I'm not sure what I'll do," complained Douglas Slifkinikski, 26, of Allentown, a season pass holder that has been camped out in the upper lodge since hearing the news, refusing to leave. Authorities considered removing Slifkinikski by force, but instead accepted vouchers for 20% savings on memorial tombstones for their family members.

Local

(AP)- Construction contract delays and a change in architectural firms have put the Blue Mountain Ski Area 2006-'07 season in jeopardy, according to mountain spokesperson Lawrence Reynolds.

"We had a timetable to begin construction on numerous projects, but our contracts with Uehberling Brothers likely won't be signed until mid-June," said Reynolds, during a telephone interview last night. "And another problem that needs resolution is with the architects. We need to send it back to open bids and that will put us months behind schedule."

Reynolds worries that next ski season might be delayed, or even lost altogether.

"The new Valley Lodge needs to be complete and open for business before we can open the slopes," explained Reynolds, referring to the new lodge at the base of the mountain, planned for replacing the current run-down structure. "We simply won't be insured for guests on our slopes until all heavy equipment is packed up and gone."

"I'm not sure what I'll do," complained Douglas Slifkinikski, 26, of Allentown, a season pass holder that has been camped out in the upper lodge since hearing the news, refusing to leave. Authorities considered removing Slifkinikski by force, but instead accepted vouchers for 20% savings on memorial tombstones for their family members.

It finally dawned on me................

That was good, '999. You really had me going for a minute, but when I first started to read it, I'm like why would the Associate Press be writing about Blue? Then when I got to the end and saw Doug and his hacked up last name I knew it wasn't real :lol:

Although I have met Doug only a few times, I feel as though something should be done. I am taking it upon myself to start the SAVE OUR DOUG RELIEF FUND. All donations no matter how small or large can be sent to Pat c/o Borgata Boss. Doug is a great humanitarian, a friend to many, awesome rapper, an awesome skiier. I know deep down inside of your hearts, many of you feel the same way. Now is the time to step up to the plate and help one of our fellow members. Hopefully, this unpleasant situation can be resolved with our help, Doug needs us, so reach deep down inside your heart and more importantly your wallet and help a brother out. This may get Doug on the cover of a ski magazine, or at least an interview.

Although I have met Doug only a few times, I feel as though something should be done. I am taking it upon myself to start the SAVE OUR DOUG RELIEF FUND. All donations no matter how small or large can be sent to Pat c/o Borgata Boss. Doug is a great humanitarian, a friend to many, awesome rapper, an awesome skiier. I know deep down inside of your hearts, many of you feel the same way. Now is the time to step up to the plate and help one of our fellow members. Hopefully, this unpleasant situation can be resolved with our help, Doug needs us, so reach deep down inside your heart and more importantly your wallet and help a brother out. This may get Doug on the cover of a ski magazine, or at least an interview.

nope. maybe if metz jerz didn't beat him. but we all know metz did so never going to happen.