Next Year's Park

swdorsey

at least there are lights on the mountains around here. quit bitching and be glad that you can ski after 4 pm.

hey its true.. the lighting in blues park is terrible.. CB's is good.. MC's is decent but i never go there at night.. the only mt i ride at night is CB.. all my trips to blue and MC are in the afternoon or morning so i dont have to ski under the lights and so its not as crowded..

Does Bear Creek groom any trails before the night session. Booter mountain does but mostly just Paradise, Lazy Mile, and Switchback...nothing like getting fresh cord on the side of Tuts lane at night-time.. :wiggle

Mid day groomings knock down piles. Thats all. When they groom a trail at 11pm it has time to sit groomed, and the snow 'sets up'. It gets firmer the longer it goes without being groomed. If you groom a trail and then let people ski on it right after, its like flattening sugar...when it comes down to it, as soon as a few people ski over it, it will be piled up again.

Then again, some days the piles are so bad, its not a bad idea...if you need stuff like that to help you ski ;)

I like night skiing when everything is scrapped down. But I don't like it when there are those little rollers (unless I'm just screwing around with friends, then it doesn't really matter)

Guest jeenyus2690

1. What is 1 feature at Bear that you want to see again at bear that was there last year?

2. What is 1 feature at Bear that you saw this year that you hated and never want to see again? (not the sliding board/ j rail we know it was bad)

3. What is 1 new feature that you saw somewhere that you think bear could build to make the park better?

4. What sizes of jumps are best for the largest park? The medium park? The family park?

5. Anything else that you want to add that could make bear a better place to ride

1. the jump line in the big park and tubing park

2. the flat down rail on the top jump in the big park, its a nice rail but in a bad spot because it doesnt allow u to spin off the top jump

3. i think to build a couple picnic tables because then you can set them up in many different ways, also maybe more flat bar handrails like the red one

4.35+, 20-35, 5-15

5. i think that at least if there are not park passes just to eliminate the many different entrances to the parks because like in the big park people who dont hit the top jump the come in from the side, which if your at the top u cant see them and then they end up cutting you off on the second jump

1. What is 1 feature at Bear that you want to see again at bear that was there last year?

2. What is 1 feature at Bear that you saw this year that you hated and never want to see again? (not the sliding board/ j rail we know it was bad)

3. What is 1 new feature that you saw somewhere that you think bear could build to make the park better?

4. What sizes of jumps are best for the largest park? The medium park? The family park?

5. Anything else that you want to add that could make bear a better place to ride

2. the flat down rail on the top jump in the big park, its a nice rail but in a bad spot because it doesnt allow u to spin off the top jump

3. i think to build a couple picnic tables because then you can set them up in many different ways, also maybe more flat bar handrails like the red one

4.35+, 20-35, 5-15

5. i think that at least if there are not park passes just to eliminate the many different entrances to the parks because like in the big park people who dont hit the top jump the come in from the side, which if your at the top u cant see them and then they end up cutting you off on the second jump

thats what makes bears park unique, you can vary your runs by switching between parks and not be stuck to the same runs in the same park, i know if there are two different features that i like, i want to hit them both in the same run, therefore thats what that entrance does, allows u to hit them both

4.35+, 20-35, 5-15

ummm... why couldnt you spin off that jump because of the rail? i never saw anyone even come close to hitting the rail, you landed well below where the rail stopped if you hit the lip with and half decent amount of speed.

1. The roller coaster rail.

2. Bring everything back

3. Figure out how to fit a step up in, somewhere. VT knows..

4. large park 40'+ Medium - 20'-40' Small <20'

5. Anything else? do I dare mention Park passes? :P Adopt the Snowmonster program for the littlest groms.

Edit: Nipples wants a 100' box... or several of them positioned close to transition between.

Edited by Papasteeze

haha a 20 foot jump on the the lil cascade park. Hahah that would be pretty funny to see people try and clear it.

Fuck a 40 foot jump on the main terrain park cause that means it would only be the top jump the "40foot:" jump and the small one near the s rail. Put the big jumps on that kodiak run or w.e. It would be perfect. 3 jumps over there. Gap jumps and shit,

The one thing i really want at bear is a freeking anti gravity jump, or a jump into a huge pile of loving foam. so it wouldnt hurt to fall. And everyone would like turn pro then

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jump line in tubing park. s rail

2. wall ride needs a better setup, blue and white box that is a f-d-f but is like mandatory backflip off

3. urban staircase, butter pad: kicker onto flat pad with kicker off pad,

4. tubing park jumps were all good sizes maybe a little bigger for the largest park, and don't have a family park

5. Get the horrible people out of the park that just ruin the transitions onto the boxes and rails. grom more often to fix ruts and target icy areas. more jams with possible pro athletes to ride with