06-07 season pass

Tyler

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk what I'm doing this year. last year I went with the student unlimited pass to bc with a friend....but I'm gonna have to say that I was dissapointed with BC's park last year. It's true that the warm weather didn't help, but blue really kept their park in tip top shape even with the warmness in january. i'm just getting sick of BC, with the slow ass lifts, short park runs, and lack of progression in the park. I'm not saying the park crew wasn't working their asses off, it's just blue's park was pretty much amazing this year.

if I do get a pass I'm probably spending the extra $$ and driving the extra 20 or so minutes and getting a blue pass. idk what the money situation is this year though, I need to get a new ski setup, plus if I decide to drive this year, then insurance and gas will work into it...I might just have to get lift ticket money from the rents every week, idk yet

idk what I'm doing this year. last year I went with the student unlimited pass to bc with a friend....but I'm gonna have to say that I was dissapointed with BC's park last year. It's true that the warm weather didn't help, but blue really kept their park in tip top shape even with the warmness in january. i'm just getting sick of BC, with the slow ass lifts, short park runs, and lack of progression in the park. I'm not saying the park crew wasn't working their asses off, it's just blue's park was pretty much amazing this year.

if I do get a pass I'm probably spending the extra $$ and driving the extra 20 or so minutes and getting a blue pass. idk what the money situation is this year though, I need to get a new ski setup, plus if I decide to drive this year, then insurance and gas will work into it...I might just have to get lift ticket money from the rents every week, idk yet

pretty much were i'm at but I already drive.

except at the beginning and end of the season in the tubing runs, that line was awesome...

OH MY GOD!

I completely forgot about the tubing jump lines. That was like the beginning of the season too.

I know the weather sucked, but blue still managed to maintain killer jumps and jibs throughout the day even with the warm weather...the lifts are sooo much faster, the lines are so much shorter, and they'll be even shorter this year with the new 6 person high speed lift.

Guest jeenyus2690

ok dude first off the parks at blue are so crowed its not even funny. second there windy trails which suck for parks. third bear has stepped it up more than blue ever will. ok so blue got a six pack that dumps out at the park, gee i think the park is going to be even more crowded this year. plus did u even have the balls to hit the jumps in the park or did u just stare at them and brag about how good blues park is? cuz proboly 95 percent of kids didnt hit the jumps, yeh maybe there bigger than bear but at least the jumps get used at bear, nobody used them!

ok dude first off the parks at blue are so crowed its not even funny. second there windy trails which suck for parks. third bear has stepped it up more than blue ever will. ok so blue got a six pack that dumps out at the park, gee i think the park is going to be even more crowded this year. plus did u even have the balls to hit the jumps in the park or did u just stare at them and brag about how good blues park is? cuz proboly 95 percent of kids didnt hit the jumps, yeh maybe there bigger than bear but at least the jumps get used at bear, nobody used them!

boy are you in for a surprise. stepped up more than blue ever will, ha. oh, and some of us do hit those jumps, by the way, and they're pretty fun.

1. All parks are crowded no matter what if they don't have park passes.

2. They were windy, but this year they are widening them. Besides it doesn't really matter anyway.

3. Explain to me how bear will "Step it up more than blue ever will". The only thing that changed this year was planet snow jibs and tools.

4. The park run is wayy too short...the lift is way to slow and overcrowding. Also think of the placement issues. Its right in front and the quad services the park, so most days 80% of the people in the park don't belong because its the trail thats the easiest to access since its right in front.

5. Yes I do hit all jumps, dumbass. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't hit jumps. The best booter they had at bear was the first one since nobody hit it, I'll give em that, but its still death because people like to park their asses on the landing. Even still it was like a 30 footer from the farthest kicker. The other smaller kickers are destroyed by the end of the day from jackasses riding over the lips. Also the landings were grooved out and shitty. Just about every fucking jump at bear is done for by midday.

Also bigger and better jumps = more progression. If you were serious about skiing/riding you'd know that as a fact.

BC is crowded because they only have 500' of vert. Unless they move everything to the other side it will always be crowded there. Blue is twice as big, thats why the lines are shorter and there is less crowding. But Bear was smarter for putting their park on a straight run instead of the switchback thing Blue uses. Bear cant get any taller, and Blue probably wont put their park on a compatable trail, so any things said about "whos rails are better" or "your biggest jump is only 30 feet" are all really moot points because both parks have much bigger flaws. At least now Bear is making it so that their parks only have one point of entry.

BC is crowded because they only have 500' of vert.

Blue is twice as big, thats why the lines are shorter and there is less crowding.

Exactly why I'm fed up with bear.

Blue's also getting that new 6 person high speed lift to replace the challenge lift, which means 2 high speed detachable lifts that will service sidewinder. Lines will be signifigantly shorter with the new lift in place.

By midday bear's lines are horrible. Like around 1-2 oclock. Especially when they decide to shut down the A lift so you have EVERYBODY getting on the quad, both people trying to get into the park, and people trying to get over to the other side of the mountain.

With the improvements blue is making this year, and their insane park last year, the extra money and miles are well worth it.

By midday bear's lines are horrible. Like around 1-2 oclock. Especially when they decide to shut down the A lift so you have EVERYBODY getting on the quad, both people trying to get into the park, and people trying to get over to the other side of the mountain.

i always wondered why they did that, that always pissed me off...

everyone likes fast lifts, not everyone is capable of riding park, but everyone is going to be curious to check it out, which will lead to more gapers in the park...so there are +'s and -'s to every side

You are right, but they both have access to other trails, paradise, razors edge, challenge/falls, or tut's lane to get to the other side of the mountain.

No matter where you go there's gonna be people that dont belong in the park unless you have park passes....parks will be crowded on certain days....these things are inevitable.

So you gotta look at the good things more than the universal bad things. I'll say it a bagillion times, bears lifts are slow as hell and their run is too short. The quad is faster but the line involved with the quad makes it just as slow as the A lift. They never open the A lift at the right times. When it does open, then by midday both lifts have lines that are crazy. At least if blue gets crowded they have one 4 person and one 6 person high speed line to handle the crowd.