Pa Parks?

sean270

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and also, you racers and weekend warriors, next time you head into the park, find a jump your fairly comfortabale with, and learn to do a 360. I mean it. And If you can't land it, I'm sure any skier with twins will be more than glad to help you. We're all skiers here.

Ha! I missed that earlier. Believe it or not, there were twintip skis and people doin' helicopters (er, 360's) in 1977. And pot was cheaper, so F you! :P:D:P

i think craige is right. anyone who considers themselves a true skier should be able to do a 360. same goes the other way though. all the park kids on here, when your mountain's race team is practicing, go ask the coach if you can try a run through the gates, or do a skiercross race or something. you're not truely a skier until you have experience in all aspects of the sport. after t his season i can finally consider myself well rounded, i will be going out to colorado over spring break, skiing real powder for the first time.

i think he is trying to say that people were doing the same stuff back when he was in his um.... 30s (haha, jk).

Yes, exactly, you bastard! :D

Twintip skis were first made in the mid-70's; Olin thought it made skiing backwards easier. Go figure.

And back then, every tree, lift tower, and trail map had this sign: "NO JUMPING". Daffys and spread eagles were as stupid then as they are today, so we all learned to do helicopters on our 205cm skis. We jumped with he risk of losing our tickets. And we jumped as stoned and stupid as was humanly possible.

• 2 months later...

my logo under my name is park rat :) i do accually perfer then park then just going down runs. Now if i lived in CO im sure id love powder just as much as i love park. Now about a terrain park that goes unnoticed every year is at a mountian that most people havnt heard of. tanglwood. I have been to just about every major place in PA and in my opinion tanglwoods jumps are alot better then most places. The mountian may be small and over priced but if you have the chance this season make a way here to cheack out the park.