Who remembers Doe Mountain???

ColoradoHigh

I was on Skimaps.com, and looked at the four different Bear Creek ski maps, and two of them were from Doe Mountain. I found one from 1995-1996!!!doemountain.gif

There are two trails that aren't at Bear Creek. The one at the top thats coming off to the right of the quad. The really long one!!!!! I used to go to the Doe Mountain alot when I was younger. I miss it. They should bring back the old trails. :yes

the curvy one to the right of the quad is a real trail, its just rarely open

They never had it open, since Doe Mountain. They have snow guns on it, but, there are so many ingrown trees and shrubs on it. I liked that trail. The better bring it back this year.

thats cool they had a park back then, Timberline closed at 4:30, and there was no Sasquatch and peep the T-Bar that is no longer there!

i rode it two years ago and it was open

Didn't know that they had it open two years ago. Do you think they will open it this year?

The one and only time I skied Doe/Bear Creek was in February of 1995. My buddy Doug had a neighbor who was a ski patroller there. Me, Doug, and another kid named Brad got a ride with the ski patroller one day after school and free vouchers. We first ate in the cafeteria which was real retro. I remember the runs being real short, like 30 seconds. The place was empty and we went in the woods a few times and purposely hit rocks to see sparks. That's the last time I skied there.

Another Doug? HAHA! Are you refering to yourself in third person? My science teacher was like that.

"Mr.---- loves his new shoes! He just got them yesterday. Mr.----- had an EXCELLENT weekend!"

Everyone cracked up when he was talking like that on the first day of school. He was my scinece teacher.

the only time ive ever been to bc is when it was still called doe mountain..haha how lame is that

and my mom will still say things like " oh yeah, megan, are you gonna do that race at doe moun-- i mean bear creek?" she always calls it doe haha

Thats funny. :lol:

They dont open the upper part of timberline because it is to flat so they just open in from the mtn Hut down. THe snowguns are just there to get them off the trails,they are moved around alot during the night. And the trail far right wont be opened becasue there are indian burial grounds there like 10 yards off of timberline

They dont open the upper part of timberline because it is to flat so they just open in from the mtn Hut down. THe snowguns are just there to get them off the trails,they are moved around alot during the night. And the trail far right wont be opened becasue there are indian burial grounds there like 10 yards off of timberline

Oh. That explains alot. So Bear Creek is haunted? :rofl

Why not? BC has one of the best, if not the best park in all of PA. Definitely worth checking out.

I tend to disagree, but i'll give them another chance ,when the condititions are better

and bear is only supposed to get better this year. megan you should definetly get there this year. its funny how close you live but havent been there.

I hope so

and bear is only supposed to get better this year. megan you should definetly get there this year. its funny how close you live but havent been there.

If you live within a hour of Bear and are even remotely interested in park you should definitely buy a pass for there next season. I wish a place like Bear existed when I still lived in PA. Hell, I had just as much fun riding there this year as I do when I ride Northstar or Hood during the summer.

I tend to disagree, but i'll give them another chance ,when the condititions are better

Who do you think holds a candle to BC? Blue? I rode there this year and was disgusted at their setup.

arrghh!! haha yeah i know!! im definitely gonna check it out this year.. im just afraid that ill suck so bad i wont be able to hit anything haha..

i thought you were pretty good. Are u worried about your knee injury. They have ride ons and small jumps if you are that worried.

hahaha well i mean ive only ever hit down rails, flat rails, and any kind of boxes you can think of

so i kinda suck

and im a little worried about my knee but i just went to the doc that operated on me on thursday and he said my knee looked really good, it wasnt loose at all and that i should be all set for ski season

:D

so yay! so now im a lot less worried, plus ill be wearing a brace if i want.. he even said that if i kept building my quads i might not need to wear a brace :D

oh and i suck at jumps.. jack frost had 1 this year... haha, but its all good

Edited by megan

you should buy youre pass at bc instead of jack frost. Bear had atleast 7 at all times last year. A few of them with different sized hits.

haha i cant...i feel too attatched to jf haha... even though it might not have had the greatest park last year. it was good for me hah.. but im definitely gonna go to bc this year. i think with my buddy pat..he goes there a lot maybe you guys have seen him around

dont worry, theres plenty of stuff for all abilities at BC.

ahh sick

Edited by megan

There are two trails that aren't at Bear Creek. The one at the top thats coming off to the right of the quad. The really long one!!!!! I used to go to the Doe Mountain alot when I was younger. I miss it. They should bring back the old trails. :yes

I remember skiing there 95/96, and a couple of years before that. The whole character of the mountain has changed. The capital improvements are amazing, but some good, some bad. There wasn't much snowmaking in 95/96, now most of the mountain is covered. The parks weren't there. The snack shack has always been there, at least in my memory, but I have never seen it open. I don't miss the old cafeteria. I do miss the old prices. Before renovations, the food was cheap. $2 was a lot better than $5 for a crappy cafeteria burger. I sorely miss the Out of Bounds Tap Room. The beer was cheap, and Franziskaner on tap! Mmmm...

The only improvement I could ask for is a better picnic area. Or a few well-placed tables in the parking lot. Cheapskates and dirtbaggers like me would certainly appreciate more bring-your-own space. I won't hold my breath, though, no profit in it. Blue is definitely better for tailgaiting.

I remember skiing there 95/96, and a couple of years before that. The whole character of the mountain has changed. The capital improvements are amazing, but some good, some bad. There wasn't much snowmaking in 95/96, now most of the mountain is covered. The parks weren't there. The snack shack has always been there, at least in my memory, but I have never seen it open. I don't miss the old cafeteria. I do miss the old prices. Before renovations, the food was cheap. $2 was a lot better than $5 for a crappy cafeteria burger. I sorely miss the Out of Bounds Tap Room. The beer was cheap, and Franziskaner on tap! Mmmm...

The only improvement I could ask for is a better picnic area. Or a few well-placed tables in the parking lot. Cheapskates and dirtbaggers like me would certainly appreciate more bring-your-own space. I won't hold my breath, though, no profit in it. Blue is definitely better for tailgaiting.

Cool. Welcome to PASR! :welcome::drink3: How did you find out about PASR?

Cool. Welcome to PASR! :welcome::drink3: How did you find out about PASR?

Thanks!

I was reading through a different board. Camelback's, I think. Definitely more interest here. I rarely make it to Camelback, so I appreciate the Blue and Bear topics.