Another Warm Winter

rideKINK156

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I thought everyone should know this.

This winter we will have around a 60% chance for abnormally warm weather between january and april. This means bad conditions during the time when the mountains conditions should be at their peak, and probably an early closing date.

Of course this is not 100% definite at this point, and there is still the chance we get a good winter.

Here's the link so you can see for yourself.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/pred.../churchill.html

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I thought everyone should know this.

This winter we will have around a 60% chance for abnormally warm weather between january and april. This means bad conditions during the time when the mountains conditions should be at their peak, and probably an early closing date.

Of course this is not 100% definite at this point, and there is still the chance we get a good winter.

Here's the link so you can see for yourself.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/pred.../churchill.html

I dont know why they do these forecats they are complete shit. Only thing that matters is the 5 day forcast anything past that doesnt mean shit.

I followed it last year and they were pretty much in the right. If they say it is going to be in the 60s all winter, don't plan on wearing t-shirts every day but don't count on good conditions either.

In other words, take it with a grain of salt but don't completely dismiss it.

It is NOAA. Not the local weather channel.

It's impossible to predict weather for the entire country there are to many variables. Atleast the local weather is some what correct in what they do. A 5 day forecast. Last year everyone predicted a colder winter for the east... They were wrong. I stopped listening to these things along time ago.

It's impossible to predict weather for the entire country there are to many variables. Atleast the local weather is some what correct in what they do. A 5 day forecast. Last year everyone predicted a colder winter for the east... They were wrong. I stopped listening to these things along time ago.

Prediciting short term weather is tough because of the vast fluctuations. Prediciting trends in longterm climate is more accurate because the long term climate is much less variable.

Acutually I am seeing on different weather sites and temp. drops over the next few day, it seems like its gonna be a cold winter. The next 15 days says temps will be in the 70's and stay like that. We won't be seeing anymore 80 degree weather till next spring. :rock

On friday and saturday the forecasted highs for north east pa, is 81. Im sure it will be hotter in philly.

Hopefully this is the last week of 80 degree weather. After that, cooler temps. And hurrican Florence possibily. Thats for another topic. :banghead